Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose
The Manager of Product Development manages the development of product from initiate design concept to bulk production order placement. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Product Development to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Manage the day-to-day activities and daily communication with global partners, focused on clarity of information, timely responses and ensuring alignment and understanding of design intent, management of milestones and deliverables.
- Partner with Asia PD team to drive collaboration and synergy through communication, clarity of roles and responsibilities, and alignment of goals.
- Act as a conduit for information and own communication of development with cross-functional partners globally.
- Manage product sampling and review schedule, with a focus on design intent, updates, standards, execution and overall consistency of information.
- Follow up on product changes throughout design approval and commercialization to ensure timely approval, avoid material liabilities and production issues.
- and minimize liabilities.
- Partner with the Asia PD and Strategic Costing teams to provide on-time costing, updates and options, as needed.
- Partner with Material teams to ensure new materials are in work, pass testing requirements, and are on track for milestone deliverables.
- Manage and develop direct reports on product knowledge and competencies with data, analytics and technology.
- Travel as needed
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft 360, ECV or other PLM systems
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in product development, including the categories of handbags and SLGs
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to adapt as the business requires and to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability
- Experience working in a global company with overseas partners
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AD1 #LI-HYBRID Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $70,000.00 TO $87,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary