We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accessories Technologist to join our Womenswear Non-Clothing Technical Team. This role is essential to help achieve the best quality and consistency across the various product areas. Reporting into the Product Technologist, the Assistant Technologist works closely within the whole Product team of Buyers, Merchandisers and Designers.The Role...
- Help to lead the product technology process from: the initial creation of design packs to issuing detailed technical information and product specifications; risk assessment and reviewing test reports to ensure compliance with all performance, legal and safety standards.
- Manage suppliers to deliver best quality products and provide feedback, ensure the supply base is set up for successful bulk production and on-time delivery.
- Actively take ownership of product quality and delivery. Manage and rectify failures, ensure high quality standards are met and maintained.
- Encourage a right-first-time approach, challenge suppliers to improve performance to deliver quality and consistency.
- Engage in product risk assessment, highlight areas of concern and advise technical solutions and product improvements.
- Work with the Sustainability & Compliance team to drive business sustainability targets and eliminate the risk of hazardous substances in the manufacturing process.
- Monitor returns and communicate with the warehouse and suppliers regarding quality issues.
- Advise the customer service team on product related complaints.
Skills and qualifications needed:
- You'll be an experienced assistant accessories technologist skilled in construction and manufacturing methods.
- Technical knowledge gained preferably within a fast paced retail or supplier environment.
- Flexible approach to be able to adjust to the constantly changing needs of the business.
- Ability to convey technical information clearly in layman's terms.
- Exceptional eye for technical detail to consistently ensure the correct documentation is used and followed.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current technical innovations within the hard and soft accessories fashion industry.
- Specialist technical knowledge of accessories manufacturing and construction methods, testing and performance standards.
- Technical knowledge of fabric, leather and PU specifically in relation to handbags and luggage would be beneficial but experience across other accessories areas will be considered as the role will cover multiple different product types e.g bags, purses, belts, sunglasses and soft accessories.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written, to build strong relationships with product teams and external suppliers.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking