WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A CLOTHING BRAND; WE ARE ON A MISSION TO TRANSFORM THE FUTURE OF FASHION
Are you looking for a company that pushes the boundaries and creates a community inclusive of everyone? A shared vision beyond only us?
If you answered yes, why not join us? This could be your first step towards a new and exciting career at COS! We are now looking for a Buyer to join our Womenswear team on Jersey. This role is offered on a full time, permanent contract.
About COS: Offering innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, COS is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, our design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in our collection are more sustainably sourced.
As a Buyer you are responsible to execute the product development, having a clear understanding of COS aesthetics and our customer. With a clear, efficient component and product development you contribute to meaningful growth and profitability within your department. You are responsible to plan and develop the best assortment for our target customer.
What you will do:
- Responsible to execute an efficient product development strategy and sample handling in terms of purpose of the product, profitability, and sustainability
- Responsible in building the range plan for your department and having a balanced assortment for all customer segments
- Responsible to plan, analyse and react, and to work closely with the product, price, profitability strategy in accordance with the department goals
- Work towards the omni channel strategy and drive the timelines for your department
- Drive the assortment and product development strategy in-line with the overall profitability goals
- Securing the best purchase, by buying at the right time, the right item based on current fashion and customer needs
- Guide, involve, inspire and develop junior members of the team
- Collaborate with the department assortment planner, design, pattern, production teams, and supply chains, working towards an efficient information and workflow process; long-term and short-term goals, securing overall timeline for the product department
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Womenswear RTW buying and design teams
- Co-work with the Buying Controllers to align targets and budgets. Pro-actively analyse product and assortment sales, taking timely appropriate action
- Together with the Buying team constantly follow-up, react and identify new sales opportunities, based on selling, customer insight and surrounding analysis
- Responsible to develop components and colours supporting the department strategy, visual goal, and seasonal keys
- Responsible to plan and execute the product development from start to end in close collaboration with the Buying team
- With a focused component and product development method you contribute and ensure follow-up on the product and the department profitability and sustainability goals
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our values are the behaviors that we appreciate above and beyond anything else. We are open-minded and curious, we dare to be different, we believe in constant improvement and we empower and trust you to take ownership. Our values are part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act.
- Previous experience as a buyer on womenswear (jersey experience beneficial)
- Product development background working with design team essential
- Up to date and knowledgeable in the latest trends styles, patterns silhouettes, fabrics, and colours
- Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire, influence and present confidently
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make informed decisions
- Thrives in a fast paced, agile environment with exceptional organisational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Ability to influence, consult and collaborate at all levels
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities in an an ever changing environment.
Why choose us?
At COS we are dedicated to recruiting great people by offering an inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends. We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!