The Flagship Designer, Prototype will be a part of a collaborative creative team focused on the organization and documentation process for architectural and millwork design elements within the flagship store environment. This individual will collect any intellectual property, design data, technical coordination and communications related to this process. The Designer will also support the overall oversight of tasks, cross communication and timelines associated to this responsibility. Key Accountabilities
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Collaborate with design team to realize architecture and millwork details for unique projects
- Partner with retail team to integrate all functional needs within the design elements
- Assist in the shop drawing review process - reviewing and completing to meet proper deadlines
- Proactively engage in design meetings with interiors and management leads to develop new ideas and support individual projects as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of Adobe suite and 2D/3D software
- Support teams to execute design research (competitive, archival, etc.) in partnership with store design leaderships
- Maintain the organization and communications of information of the following: concept designs, architectural finishes and FF&E, window standards, façade standards, architectural details, millwork elements, IT components, security standards etc
- Dynamically integrate new design revisions as they continue to be developed - in a timely manner
- Create Library of flagship assets and finishes
- Communicate with partners (Millworkers, Architects etc) to follow prototype production
- Support designers, and management leads to develop the components of the overall projects
- Actively participate in any communications, meetings, correspondences, and initiatives related to the onboarding / development and qualification of external suppliers - in conjunction with procurement team
- The ideal candidate will have a College Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Industrial design
- Strong proficiency in Autocad, Rhino (or equivalent rendering software), Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign preferred.
- Knowledge of means and methods of construction, fixture / furniture manufacturing and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge and communication of competitive retail market, trends, brand identity, target consumer and the competitive landscape.
- Ability to manage project goals and associated timelines.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Good time management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Solution oriented.
- Concept sketching and hand rendering preferred (advanced hand rendering critical for statement).
- Broad familiarity with 3D printing.
- Ability and flexibility to develop architectural elements from sketch to prototype, factory to finish store environment.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $81,515 - $110,285 . The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.