The Sr Director, Buying is responsible for creating and executing the division's product strategies to meet or exceed financial plans. They will lead the product development & buying team with vision, structure and clear expectations to optimize all KPIs while elevating assortments and telling compelling brand stories.
The Sr Director, Buying will lead, collaborate, and communicate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure all projects are moving towards the financial and calendar goals. In addition, with support of the VP, Head of Buying, they will orchestrate and influence the planning of the product development/buying from strategy to in store/online execution as one cohesive and on brand Men's assortment.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience
- Lead team, in partnership with VP of Planning, to build financial and product strategies to ensure execution will drive results for Brick and Mortar and Ecomm businesses.
- Represent the division for the all product categories the Sr Director, Buying will manage in senior management meetings (WBR, seasonal strategy, assortment finalization, OTB, floorset, etc), presenting concise strategies and findings; must be able to sell and validate point of view with facts and analysis
- Maintains a strategic focus on the business. Actively identifies long and short term plans to grow and decline classifications keeping in mind sku counts, productivity & store space/fixturing.
- In partnership with VP of Buying, will advocate for NA Retail specific business needs with internal stakeholders, Licensees (where applicable), by providing full transparency into business strategy, customer and assortments
- Develop strategic alliances with Licensees (where applicable). Ability to source product accordingly to elevate the assortment while delivering competitive value to the customer
- Ensure business/product needs specific to CK Retail are clear as internal product teams work directly with Licensees (where applicable).
- In partnership with VP of Buying, approve all proto/TOP samples with Licensees (where applicable) as needed to improve branding/execution.
- Builds relationships through effective collaboration & participates as a solution oriented leader and team member
- Understands financial metrics to analyze entire division & can make recommendations on how to drive each business based on sales, history and market trends. Identifies how current trend will impact future results and guides team to adjust as needed
- Leads their team & product teams to evaluate and drive results at the category and good better best level. Pushes the teams to reinvent the line, creating volume styles and franchises with a clear consumer POV.
- Provides timely direction and clear communication to all team and cross-functional partners.
- Focus assortments and stand for the important and meaningful segments of each business by store tier and climate profile
- Understands directional Men's competitive set and CK Global line; ability to translate into innovative, relevant product stories that will steal market share
- Key point person for Men's with creative teams (visual, windows, marketing) to drive product messaging, marketing and in-store presentation
- Cultivate talent & mentor direct reports and assistants - conduct timely coaching sessions to provide feedback regarding growth & development for next level position
- Clearly communicate expectations and implications. Ensure the team has all the tools needed to deliver on their responsibilities
- Train, lead and develop the team while simultaneously empowering team and cross functional partners act as the leader of their individual departments
- Foster an environment of continual training, development and trust
- Build and maintain relationships with licensees, to strategically partner to deliver a differentiated product mix that meets financial goals
- Demonstrates ability to manage up, down and across with successful results
- 10 - 12 years experience in buying, merchandising or related role
- Leading a team
- Strong presenter and ability to influence
- Innovator and solution oriented
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; act as a leader amongst peers
- Flexible to changing priorities ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with both financial and creative partners
- Brings people together leveraging each individual's expertise to further elevate top line strategies and execution
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to inspire, coach and develop talent
Pay Range: $145,000 - $192,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH