With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that Brand quality fit, desired appearance, and quality construction standards are met and maintained for assigned product. Works closely with Technical Design leader to enhance and evolve processes and procedures as business evolves; broaden technical knowledge and expertise, while continually striving to elevate the quality of the product. Participates in meeting departmental goals. Ensures Brand integrity throughout fit development process while keeping customer in mind. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leads weekly fit sessions. Collaborate with designers and merchants to translate fit and aesthetic details.
- Makes appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams and supervisor on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
- Maintains fit consistency for product area. Ensure standard grade rules are applied to each garment.
- Executes tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additional product classifications as directed.
- Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approval.
- Attends weekly cross functional team meetings rising-up any issues that pertain to vendor, quality, and/or timeline concerns.
- Communicates to vendor partners on daily basis to maintain deadlines and problem solve fit and/or quality issues.
- Supports Senior Technical Designer, Manager and/or Director on department goals and department process updates.
- May train new associates in the technical design responsibilities and process cycle.
- May coach team members by evaluating team process on a regular basis, recommend and implement improvements, as needed.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Preferably in Fashion Design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
- Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of garment manufacturing process required
- Good understanding of fit, balance, pattern, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required
- Working knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEX PLM or comparable software required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business and ability to work effectively as a team player
- Knowledge of pattern software preferred (2D/3D, Optitex, CLO, Brozwear)
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.