With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for independently designing and building various functions in a complex multiple tiered ecommerce environment. This role collaborates effectively with peer application teams to develop solutions in a fast passed agile environment and trains junior engineers with industry standards and best practices. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and maintains e-commerce websites, including integrations to payment gateways, tax and fraud detection software providers.
- Creates detailed technical design and develops high quality code following industry standards and best practices.
- Performs in high pressure Agile environment with tight deadlines.
- Estimates, plans, and manages all tasks and reports on progress.
- Works closely with scrum master and product manager in sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives and sprint demos.
- Optimizes website speed, performance and security standards.
- Debugs and troubleshoots issues on ecommerce site and provide resolution.
- Researches, evaluates new technologies/tools and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the architecture technology strategy of the organization.
- Other duites as asssigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent, repuired
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise ecommerce development in platforms like Salesforce Commerce cloud, Commerce tools or Oracle ATG; as well as senior level application development experience with Java, J2EE, Spring boot, Node JS, Weblogic, JBoss, JMS, web services (REST & SOAP) and micro services
- Experience working with commerce features such as Product Catalog, Pricing, Promotions, My Account, Shopping Cart and Checkout
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and deploying cloud-based applications using micro services architecture and best practices preferably on Google cloud platform
- Experience with ecommerce Search tools like Algolia or Syte, Best indexing practices, Presentation API
- Experience with integrating external services and APIs and common auth models
- Good hands-on experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines, building regression-able code using GitHub, and other dev ops related tools & applications
- Flexible and available to provide off-hours support
- Experience managing software deliverables tools like Jira
- Experience working with teams in Agile methodology
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.