The Manager is responsible for acting as the business liaison managing both internal and external (3PL and transportation vendor) relationships to ensure that levels are maintained/exceeded. This person is responsible for business metrics to drive optimal performance and identify, implement and support new distribution strategies while maintaining Tiffany standards.
This manager is accountable for Quality Assurance and general project management to support the business.
This person includes the direct reports of up to 1 person for now, and relationship management with the 3PL provider based in the Netherlands. They are responsible for ensuring high level of employee engagement and morale. They conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect for individual values. They are expected to execute Distribution Operations within established turn time, guidelines, while adhering to operating procedures and meeting external controls.Key responsibilities
Strategy and Daily planning (30%)
- Participate in setting strategy for operation and implement said strategy. Develop, implement, enforce and evaluate SOP's and policy using Lean techniques and process improvement strategies. Lead and participate in inter-departmental meetings partnering with department heads to build synergies fostering communication, cooperation and team work. Plan and manage distribution work flow meeting existing KPI's and creating new KPI's , within budget. Implement strategies that commit to providing a positive, safe work experience for our employees.
- Partner with corporate, procurement, and local resources to assess, develop and implement new contacts with 3PL and other operations-facing service providers.
- Issue resolution: Oversee the resolution of operational or vendor related issues and escalate as needed.
Execution Business (30%)
- Plan and manage distribution activities within budget. Monitor established KPI's while providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customer by ensuring turn times are met or exceeded.
- Actively manage and monitor all facets of the operation with special focus on quality control, inventory management. Partner with corporate teams to ensure systems/inventory integrity, financial controls, and other objectives are met.
- Collaborate with vendor and internal resources to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize data analytics and Lean/Six Sigma methodology to identify opportunities for improving existing operational actions.
- Coach, develop,motivate and cultivate staff. Provide ongoing feedback fostering growth and sustained improvement. Create an environment that ensures a high level of employee engagement by promoting an environment of open communication.
- Ensure staff is trained, developed and have the necessary tools to succeed in their job. This includes providing employees with ongoing feedback, coaching, and training to support their activities long term.
Health and Safety (10%)
- Actively participate in providing a safe and healthy environment for the team, in accordance with (or beyond) governmental standards, as well as internal policies and procedures. Provided immediate, specific and constructive feedback to any employee who violate safety requirements or demonstrate unsafe work behavior. Identify work place hazards, investigate incidents, educate team on safety requiremetns and ensure ongoing compliance
This position requires leadership experience, supply chain or operations management experience a minimum of 5 years. Critical thinking, problem solving and reasoning as well as strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Bachelor's degree is required. Six sigma experience strongly preferred.
Production environment experience a plus with experience in project and change management.