INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you will be doing
Our Associate Buyer is responsible for participating in the selection of merchandise and its assortment, helping to bring brands to life. Our Associate Buyer is also responsible for the collection and consolidation of both quantitative and qualitative information regarding sales, best-selling items, stock coverage and others
- Support the Buyers to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the buying team function. Develop the Buyers Administration Assistant. Track orders spent against OTB, including showroom orders, reorder & replenishment.
- Analyse sales performance, formulate end-of-season sales reports & analysis.
- Prepare the pre-buy analysis for the Buyer, ready for buying appointments.
- Assist with product selection, prepare order sheets & qualify orders.
- Propose & recommend actions towards stock liquidation strategy.
- Build supplier relationships & proactively negotiate support such as incentives, promotions, markdown contribution stock swaps etc.
- Present awareness of global market trends & competitors, and complete Market Studies and product recommendations.
- Work closely with marketing, VM & store teams, supply chain & e-commerce
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION Role Associate Buyer