Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home décor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title:
Senior Analyst, FP&A Primary Purpose:
The Senior Analyst for Kate Spade New York brand Global Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will play a critical role in assisting with the financial planning and business analysis for the Kate Spade brand. As part of the FP&A team, this role will help to drive our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis. This role has the unique visibility across the entire brand and serves as a key liaison within the brand and with the Tapestry Corporate team. This position is responsible for supporting corporate reporting requirements, consolidating and analyzing month end results, managing the consolidated monthly and quarterly forecast, annual operating plan and long-range planning process and special projects. This role will provide finance support to senior management through internal financial presentations, and thoughtful analysis and insight into business trends. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, FP&A. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Finance to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Own Global Kate Spade brand consolidation process for month-end close and communicate results to Kate Spade and Tapestry Senior Management.
- Establish strong financial partnerships across the business and provide analytical support to drive business initiatives and achieve financial targets.
- Prepare global consolidated company forecasts and budgets, track them against actual performance to deliver insight to be used by upper management.
- Prepare monthly financial presentations, including summarizing and explaining variances and material changes to prior forecasts to be provided for corporate submission and to be presented to company executives
- Communicate with business partners globally within Finance, Accounting, Inventory, Merchandise Planning and Supply Chain to understand key assumptions affecting current forecast.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators to help identify potential risks or opportunities to the company forecast.
- Develop and report accurate and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarter and annual reviews
- Develop ad hoc business analysis to provide insight to business leaders
- Drive initiatives to streamline processes, maintain and improve upon existing financial model
- Articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
An outstanding professional will have...
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business partner relationships at all levels within the organization
- Strong business acumen and know that problem-solving goes beyond numbers. Ability to think through multiple scenarios and apply strategic judgment to projects
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- The capability to identify key insights and present them in an easily digestible format appropriate for the audience
- Intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn and a desire to be a team player
Our Competencies for All Employees
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or related field
- 3+ years of Finance or related experience
- Experience with Financial Planning & Analysis; month-end close experience a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint required
- Working knowledge of Microstrategy, PBCS and SAP a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .BASE PAY RANGE $80,000.00 TO $90,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary