Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.Primary Purpose:
The Field Visual Merchandising Manager will be the lead for all Visual Merchandising matters in Coach Malaysia, liaison and trainer of Coach's Global Visual Merchandising and standards and act as a resource for our retail, outlet and wholesale locations.The Field VM will partner with Regional VM and retail, outlet and wholesale management to ensure alignment with the VM Guidelines and Coach standards.The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Visual Merchandising to... Visual Merchandising
- Lead all communications of Global VM Guideline messages and key ideas.
- Be the lead for Malaysia VM and sharing what is right for the local business needs.
- Create strong VM presentation that drives business, adapting Coach Guidelines to the store architecture and business needs
- Lead and support all new store openings, instore activations, pop ups in partnership with cross functional teams and regional VM team.
- Identify areas of business opportunities and deliver action plans to line manager and retail management team.
- Responsible for props order management, print productions, liasing with logistics team on props arrival and distribution to stores.
- Strategize on key seasonal plans, push for category growth in support to the business needs.
- Training and developing In-Store VM to understand the store environment, customer flow and product flow.
- Training and developing In-Store VM on adapting Global VM directives when supporting business objectives.
- Training and developing In-Store VM on core skills including communication, time and organization and partnership.
- Training on all seasonal VM trends
- Collaborate with Regional VM and In-Store VM to support all VM workflows.
- Building relationships through training and sharing knowledge and skill sets and techniques.
- Collaborate with Regional Tapestry VM teams on VM Productions and support
- Continually generate new ideas while maintaining a collaborative and flexible mindset.
- Planning all workflows in advance to ensure smooth and successful VM execution regionally.
- Ensuring workflows in region are executed in clear and transparent timelines.
- Working autonomously or in teams as needed to achieve the best result: ensuring the right people are involved at the right time.
- Executing store visit and store audits regionally.
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interface with a diverse group.
- Championing the Global VM Guideline: being up to date on all VM initiatives and merchandising trends and techniques
- Cascading seasonal messages down to all levels in the region.
- Possess strong communication skills to interact, collaborate and influence with both internal and external Business Partners, and lead walk through with leaders.
- Ability to assess talent and identify strengths and weakness.
- The ability to interpret visual merchandising presentations and relate it back to the store environment.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire, motivate and build respectful working relationships.
- Pro-active problem solver, ability to assess an issue and develop action steps for resolution.
- Ability to understand the magic and logic balance and apply it to visual merchandising.
- Strong attention to details, e.g., standards, marketing, lighting, fixturing, windows.
- Awareness of fashion trends and the ability to interpret them back into visual merchandising.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.