Job Title: Edinburgh Assistant Store Manager
Reporting to: Store Manager
Contract Type: Full time, 35 hours per week
Candidates must have the flexibility to work across 7 days a week, with 8 hour shift working patterns ranging from 8am-8pm.
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role
The ME+EM Assistant Store Manager is dedicated to customer service, team morale and driving results, who is responsible for overseeing the store and team in the managers absence. You have a keen understanding of the brand vision and stay up to date on industry trends. You understand the role of retail in our omni-channel business while representing the brand ethos.
- Act as the person in charge in the absence of the Manager.
- The second point of call for all people related issues within your store.
- You are not expected to solve big issues but support and listen to your team.
- If not confidential, the information should be shared with the Store Manager.
- Carryout daily training and coaching with the team by leading by example on the shop floor.
- Assist with managing staff admin including hours worked against what is recorded in Humanity.
- Arrange cover in the absence of the manager.
- Ensure breaks are taken whilst being the manager in charge.
- Keep up to date with company polices within the handbook and ensure the team are complying.
- Assist with identifying training needs and arrange sessions with the Compliance manager to fill the gaps.
- Understand the store target and relay this to the team.
- Encourage dress code compliance following the policy.
- Attend meetings in the absence of the manager.
- Provide the best most luxurious customer experience to all who visit the store.
- Be confident in building organic and long-lasting relationships with customers
- Aware of the importance of CRM
- Carryout personal styling sessions with confidence.
- Promote where possible the omni channel experience
- Have a high level of product knowledge, attend regular product review meetings and relay new information to the team.
- Ensure the store display represents the design intent for each garment.
- Ensure the protection and use of stock is in the best interests of the business and report any inaccuracies to the Store Manager.
- Assist with the store recall process.
- Understand the Elucid back office and be a super user for back-office processes
- Work alongside the Customer Care team and other operational functions to ensure policies are aligned to ensure the best customer experience is achieved.
- Experience in people management in a high volume, fast paced environment (2 years preferred)
- Commercial understanding of modern luxury
- Confident in Visual Merchandising
- Highly organised and a proactive leader
- Coach, detail oriented and enthusiastic
- Able to provide examples of exceptional results in Retail
- An enthusiasm for store management and Brand leadership
- Team player, communication skills, positive attitude, proactive, can-do mindset
- Able to provide examples of leading by example, developing others and contributing to the success of the company
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family discount
- Company Pension Scheme - following completion of probation
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Award
- Employee referral incentive Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer day
- Tech Scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses with Supersavers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
- Real Living Wage Employer
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.