Job Title: Edinburgh Store Manager
Reporting to: Head of Retail
Contract Type: Full time, 35 hours per week
Candidates must have the flexibility to work across 7 days a week, with 8 hour shift working patterns ranging from 8am-8pm.
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
- Host interviews store trials, inductions and seek support from the Head of Retail during the interview and training process
- Carryout regular feedback meetings, 3-month probation reviews, annual appraisals, and performance meetings
- Create monthly rota effectively to cover team meetings, logistics, VM and trading hours
- Manage staff admin including hours worked against what is recorded in Humanity, ensure regular breaks are taken and casual contractor invoices are correct and submitted in time for payroll
- Manage staff admin regarding sickness monitoring, return to work interviews and providing additional and individual support and guidance
- Keep up to date with company polices and ensure the team are trained in all areas of compliance with the support of the Compliance manager Manage staff uniform and dress code policy
- Identify training needs and arrange store training sessions to fill the gaps with the Compliance Manager, HR, Retail Ops Manager, or any external resources
- Works toward set objectives and feeds back regularly to the Head of Retail and MT to ensure their store always has the best chance to achieve optimum results
- Confident in building organic and long-lasting relationships with customers
- Build our database and offer personal shopping experiences
- Promote where possible the omni channel experience
- Host and organise event in store to launch new collections
- Organise VIP ad hoc events, themed breakfast, brunch, summer/winter party
- High level of product knowledge which can inform merchandising actions, stock movement and replenishment for their location
- Ensure the store display represents the design intent for each garment with the support of the VM manager
- Stock accuracy and stock room management.
- Ensure the protection and use of stock is in the best interests of the business
- Some locations will have the additional support of a stock room controller
- Organise product launch event in store with staff
Systems and Reporting
- Adapts easily to system changes and leads these in a positive manner to the store teams
- Works alongside the Customer Care team and other operational functions to ensure policies and procedures are aligned to ensure the best customer experience isachieved
- Collates weekly highlights report for Clare and MT
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment (5 years preferred)
- Have a genuine passion for fashion and providing outstanding customer service
- Experience in management of Womenswear Retail
- People Focused, Results Driven, Team and Community Builder
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial and professional
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family discount
- Company Pension Scheme - following completion of probation
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Award
- Employee referral incentive Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer day
- Tech Scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses with Supersavers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
- Real Living Wage Employer
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email email@example.com should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.