The candidate should be well-versed in the PR world particularly in the fashion, art and lifestyle.
Must be extremely goal oriented, have an independent spirit, and be aware of the indie kid. They must understand modern culture and pop culture, and be able to weave what is current into story telling, pitching, general writing and more.
AT LEAST 1 year experience in public facing PR or Press roles.
The Coordinator is responsible for partnering with the team and clients to strategically advance their public relations image and exposure.
Primary Job Duties:
- Providing product placement to clients.
- Pitching new clients (working closely with PR team).
- Generating semi-monthly client reports.
- Liaising with the Showroom Coordinator to keep up to date on all inventory.
- Drafting features and stories for clients
- Working annual Fashion Week, including all aspects of managing Fashion Week—which involves extra night and weekend hours.
- Displaying professional communication etiquette as it relates to email, phone and office visitors.
- Providing better than expected service and follow up.
- Position will serve as the coordinator for multiple accounts.
- Focus will be retail and contemporary fashion; big thinker who loves out of the box ideas and is digitally fluent.
- Strong knowledge of the current press landscape.
- Support PR staff to secure strategic press coverage including features, stories as well as product placement in the top international and national print and online media outlets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key fashion, art, and lifestyle editors and writers.Focus will be retail and contemporary fashion; big thinker who loves out of the box ideas and is digitally fluent.
- Day to day client service, involving high energy and excellent people skills.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Administrative duties related to working in a collegial small office (ex. Answering phones, shipping FedEx orders, taking out trash)