MINIMUM 1-2 YEARS RELEVANT PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERIENCE
The candidate should be well-versed in the PR world particularly in the fashion, art and lifestyle; have great contacts with key editors at all major top tier and indy publications.
Must be extremely goal oriented, have an independent spirit, and be aware of the indie kid. They must understand modern culture and pop culture, and be able to weave what is current into story telling, pitching, general writing and more.
The PR Account Manager is responsible for partnering with clients to strategically advance their public relations image and exposure.
Primary Job Duties:
- Providing product placement (via advertising, photo shoots, fashion shows, celebrity placement, etc.) and marketing to clients.
- Pitching new clients (working closely with PR team).
- Generating semi-monthly client reports.
- Liaising with the Showroom Coordinator to keep up to date on all inventory.
- Landing features and stories on clients
- Working annual Fashion Week, including all aspects of managing Fashion Week—which involves extra night and weekend hours.
- Displaying professional communication etiquette as it relates to email, phone and office visitors.
- Providing better than expected service and follow up.
- Position will serve as the lead for multiple accounts.
- Focus will be retail and contemporary fashion; big thinker who loves out of the box ideas and is digitally fluent.
- Position will lead and create strategy and campaign development, as well as pitch feature level earned media and spearhead activations.
- Secure strategic press coverage including features, stories as well as product placement in the top international and national print and online media outlets.
- Maintain strong relationships with key fashion, art, and lifestyle editors and writers.
- Day to day client service.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Administrative duties related to working in a collegial small office.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee some assistants and interns as well as advise more junior members of the team.
Measurements of Successful Performance in this Position:
Ability to deliver consistent results for clients at the level of creativity and sophistication they require.
Clients sees you as a trusted resource and accountable partner in their endeavors.
Team sees you as a kind and responsible leader in the agency.