Dion Lee is a unisex designer brand, based in New York City. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Knitwear Development Intern to join the New York Design team. This internship will offer a hands-on and intimate experience of the design and development process across the fully fashion knitwear category. The ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and possesses a keen eye for product development. This position is suitable for a recent graduate of an Apparel or Fashion Design programme specializing in Knitwear or Product Development.
- Support the design process from conceptualization to market
- Review styles with Designers to understand design intention prior to initiating tech pack
- Issue style number, set up tech pack and create flat technical sketch
- Assist in generating BOM including all garment components into PLM system: fabrics, yields, trims, stitching, labels and packaging
- Maintain digital files, boards, tracker, seasonal catalogs, BOMs, line sheets and range plan documents
- Assist in yarn and trims sourcing, development and organization
- Communicate with factories and vendors
- Assist with vendor invoices as arising
- Actively participate and take detailed notes in fittings and meetings
- Collaborate with other teams internally to organize and keep track of sample processing
- Ensure all samples are present, pressed and in pristine condition and handed off to the commercial team before market
- Support Senior Designer across special projects as needed
- Work cross-functionally across Wovens and Accessories as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design/Apparel specializing in Knitwear or Product Development
- Past internship experience with knitwear preferred, with technical knowledge of knitwear stitch constructions, and knitted garment constructions
- Full time availability for 3 month contract
- Strong proficiency in Mac OS and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in sewing and patternmaking ideal but not required
- Self-disciplined and motivated with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment with team members at all levels
- The ideal candidate is motivated to take initiative, detail-oriented, an effective communicator and has excellent project management skills.
Please include a link to your portfolio with any relevant examples of work in your CV to be considered for this position.