NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. DESCRIPTION
Responsible for assisting Vice President in scheduling meetings, preparing reports, answering phone, filing, and providing support to the directors. Job Summary:
The Training Coordinator is responsible for partnering with the Training Supervisor in the overall delivery of training in the Fulfillment Center.
Common accountabilities are:
Key Performance Elements:
- Serving as a mentor, in partnership with departmental trainers, to newly hired associates through their training period.
- Facilitating classroom training for all warehouse functions as needed.
- Conducting departmental observations to ensure that correct procedures and processes are followed.
- Collaborating with supervisor to ensure that training materials, classes and methods are updated.
- Communicating with Business Units to create awareness of training opportunities.
- Assisting and supporting supervisor, manager and director on special projects or reports as needed.
- Monitoring and analyzing turnover in warehouse departments; recommending training or processing improvements to enhance associate retention.
- Other tasks as required to meet team goals.
- Provide training and constructive feedback effectively and professionally.
- Accurately provide and follow directions, both written and verbal.
- Remain professional, fair and consistent in interacting with the NM team.
- Actively support team concepts and effectively communicate with team members at all levels.
- Focus and remain on task in a fast paced environment; multitask with ease.
- Maintain high level of safety awareness and provide safety feedback.
- Remain flexible to work overtime, as scheduled.
- Meet NM physical requirements of standing, bending and lifting, etc.
- Give attention to detail.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite programs and email; knowledge of a Warehouse Management System is helpful.
- Strong facilitating and presentation skills
- Previous training or mentoring experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data for trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent, timely and professional interpersonal communication skill.
- Lifting Objects weighing up to 25lbs from the floor to over-head level.
- Lift objects weighing up to 45lbs from the floor to waist.
- Continuous/frequent walking or standing for long periods of time.
- Continuous/frequent pushing or pulling heavy carts - up to 50lbs.