We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose
Costing Analyst, collects and analyzes global costing data in support of cost standardization, Cost validation, total cost optimization, vendor negotiation and supply policy improvement. They are the c hampion for all costing related systems and drive process and systems improvement to achieve increased organizational efficiency. Key Responsibilities
Education & Experience Requirements
- Drive the product costing process with factories and presenting the product costs to cross-functional partners. Own responsibility for reviewing and confirming the product costing, furnishing costing analysis as required throughout the various stages of the development process, communicate and resolve costing issues.
- Work closely with Product Development /Service Providers to get updated information about the new designs/ new techniques /new materials each season.
- Create Cost sheets and manage cost sheets on time submission. Update ec-Vision, cost tracking list/MSO file and communicate with NY partners for the cost sheet submission status.
- Calculate/validate initial raw material yields and Markers throughout the process.
- Verify SP minutes, influence SP to follow Tapestry SPI/ cost guideline. Validate the cost from Market cost until PO approval. Compared price difference for Carryover styles and ensure SP followed transfer policy. Deep dive of cost breakdown, call out issues / low margin/price significantly increased if any. Pull IMU report /Bom /CCT /Cost tracking from ec-Vision at every costing milestone.
- Communicate /provide cost options to cross functional teams in resolving costing challenges.
- Support special projects as directed.
- Travel to manufacturing locations as needed.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field with 2+ years' experience in a product costing role with solid knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Solid computer aptitude: advanced Excel and database manage. (Proficient in VBA, MS access is preferable).
- Effective communicator who can present complex problems in simple terms and enable resolution of conflict across various levels of the organization.
- Influence of spoken & written, in English.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/