Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Senior Designer will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Print Studio. This role will focus on driving the print research and design process for Coach Outlet across all Design categories. The position reports directly to the Senior Design Director of Creative Print. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Research prints and bring fresh inspiration through original sources and market research
- Create prints through original artwork or purchased files - clean, color separate and create colorway options
- Work closely with the Sr design director to realize the Outlet print collection from concept to commercialization
- Manage all information sharing across Design teams for various product categories and cross-functional partners such as PD teams and merchandising teams
- Create and maintain concept and presentation boards
- Work proactively according to development calendar to stay ahead of timelines
- Maintain print archives both digitally and physically
- Manage a team with one direct report and one apprentice
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelors Degree in Textile Design, Graphic Design, or related field
- 7-10 years of textile design work experience within the fashion industry or related field
- Must be EXPERT level Photoshop and Illustrator user, proficiency in Ned graphics is a plus
- Must be skilled at hand drawing and painting
- Experience developing product directly with factories is a plus; understanding of product development from concept through commercialization
- Knowledge of textiles, embellishments, and performance quality
- Highly-developed taste level and sensitivity to color balance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to change
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented - excellent calendar adherence and ownership
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding and enthusiasm for Coach brand
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE $110,000.00 TO $125,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary