Trainee Fabric Technologist - Chlidrenswear
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Fabric Technologist to join our Childrenswear Technical Team. covering a wide and varied product scope. This is an important role in securing the delivery of quality garments and achieving best quality and consistency across the various departments.The Role...
- Support Technologist and suppliers to deliver best quality fabrics that meet Next Childrenswear performance standards.
- Work with suppliers to achieve performance requirements to deliver quality and consistency - aiming for a right first time approach.
- Supporting colour management systems and offering guidance to the product teams. Archroma, Pantone, Verivide Digi systems.
- Engage in product risk assessment, highlight areas of concern and support the Fabric Technologist to offer and deliver solutions and product improvements.
- Fabric and garment compliance - legislative Testing, ZDHC, RSS, International Standards.
- Work with the Sustainability team to drive business sustainability targets.
- Attend trend and design presentations, translating market feedback into fabric development strategy.
- Manage internal fabric systems - NIS and Buyers Range Plan
- Progress, warehouse queries and customer services.
- Video Conference with international Suppliers in order to support candidate development and supplier relationships.
- A basic technical knowledge of fabric types including warp/weft knits and wovens.
- Some understanding of fabric manufacturing including dyeing/finishing, different printing techniques and wash processes.
- An organised and systematic planner who can embrace change in a busy environment.
- Able to collaborate well with the Supply Base and internal teams.
- A team player, with a positive attitude and an agile approach within the technical team.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written, to build strong relationships with product teams and external suppliers.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking