Assistant Fabric Technologist - Childrenswear
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Fabric Technologist to join our Childrenswear team. You will be working directly with fabrics; covering a broad range of product types. This role is essential to delivering fabric based quality within our department.
Please note this is not a Garment Techologist positionThe Role...
- Engage with suppliers to deliver best quality fabrics that meet Next Childrenswear Performance standards.
- Work closely with suppliers on fabric developments and product innovation - following Next design briefs.
- Challenge and engage suppliers to improve performance to deliver quality and consistency - aiming for a right first time approach from concept to delivery.
- Contribute to product risk assessment, highlight areas of concern and propose fabric technical solutions and product improvements.
- Good Understanding of colour measurement systems - Verivide Digi Eye
- Fabric and garment compliance - legislative Testing, ZDHC, RSS, International Standards.
- Work with the Sustainability team to drive business sustainability targets
- Maintain internal fabric systems - NIS and buyers range plan
- Progress, warehouse queries and customer services.
- Travel - international Supplier visits in order to support candidate development and supplier relationships.
- Experience in a similar role with technical knowledge of a broad range of fabric types including warp/weft knits and wovens.
- A competent knowledge of fabric manufacturing including dyeing/finishing, different printing techniques and wash processes.
- An organised and systematic planner who can embrace change in a busy environment.
- Able to collaborate well with the Supply Base and internal teams to deliver fabric knowledge and support.
- A team player, with a positive attitude and an agile approach within the technical team.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written, to build strong relationships with product teams and external suppliers.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking