At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
This role is part of the BBS Finance Services team based in Leeds and its main purpose is to lead the transition process for new services and design / implement an operating framework / governance process to deliver and continuously improve the effectiveness, efficiency and customer satisfaction of all services delivered by the team globally. This role will further evolve over time in terms of priorities, i.e. as the initial setup work regarding framework is completed.RESPONSIBILITIES
- The transition process for new services moved into the team
- Production, ongoing maintenance and rollout of the Quality Management Framework across all teams, i.e. DTP requirements, issue identification, CAPA management, training records and operational reviews.
- Working with the wider BBS CI team, build a capacity across BBS, and lead within finance. Develop local finance champions who can deploy standard tools and methodologies alongside their day jobs.
- Establish and manage a portfolio of improvement projects prioritised in line with global team objectives
- Drive the utilisation of visual management and lead techniques to aid operational performance delivery
• Passionate about process improvement in terms of quality, effectiveness and improving customer satisfaction with experience of Lean and other CI techniques.
• Professional accounting qualification is required e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA with experience working and leading in a shared services environment.
• Able to communicate / influence effectively at multiple levels and different teams across the Company
• Able to articulate vision and gain buy-in from others
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance throughout the BBS Finance Services team.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers and other levels of the organisation to achieve desired outcomes
• Is able to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Has good negotiation skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills especially stakeholder management.
• Creates effective relationships through interpersonal skills and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Can operate both tactically and, where required, at a detailed level.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and operational demands.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Displays an affinity for technology's ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||