Feng Chen Wang is a London and Shanghai based designer brand founded by Fengchen Wang in 2015, after graduating from the Royal College of Art’s prestigious Fashion Menswear MA. Describing her aesthetic as “future-modern, authentic and multidimensional”, Feng focuses on technical deconstruction, creating gender fluid clothing that is functional but at the same time conceptual and personal, drawing on her life experiences and Chinese heritage.
The brand is expanding and hence looking for a talented, passionate Marketing & Communications Co-Ordinator early and ambitious in their career, and excited to help drive the growth of the Feng Chen Wang business. The ideal candidate will have been at assistant level in high-end/luxury fashion for around 2 years and ready to step up to co-ordinator level for this role.
Already in 2023 Feng Chen Wang has launched some prestigious international B2B brand collaborations, recently including Canada Goose, Ugg, and Converse, and also boasts an impressive wholesale network including Ssense, Net A Porter, Browns and Dover Street Market. The brand has also started doing runways during Paris Fashion Week, and hosted a five day popup in London’s Mayfair district with a busy programme of events. So the Marketing & Communications Co-Ordinator will have plenty of similar exciting projects to get behind in the future.
• Working with creative and commercial teams to implement our social media strategies and calendars across all social platforms including (but not limited to) Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and other relevant platforms to push sales objectives
• Identify areas for opportunity and growth and actively build engagement and awareness.
• Compile and present monthly KPI performance reports across all platforms.
• Source, edit, format and repost assets quickly in keeping with the highly time sensitive and 24/7 nature of social media.
• Support the creative and commercial teams with the organisation and delivery of photo shoot events for campaigns (around 2 or 3 a year) and fashion presentation or runway shows in the UK as well as overseas (around 2 a year generally in January and June, but this might change) from end to end. This can include all aspects of project management - everything to do with timelines, contracting external project teams, venues, and budget management, for pre, during and post-production.
• Support wholesale partner and brand projects such as events and popups, to help increase brand awareness and sell-through
• Support content projects for international social media platforms, including (but not limited to) photoshoots, short film and videos, BTS, working alongside creative team. Shooting own photographs and film as necessary.
• Identify and content manage (including still and video editing, formatting, reposting and archiving) relevant UGC, editorials and celebrity/influencer dressing, tagged & mentions in real time.
LOANS & GIFTING
• Support and implement the brand’s influencer & affiliate marketing strategies, tactics and activations on a seasonal and ongoing basis
• Own the implementation of social calendars, content management, content publishing and copywriting for all social platforms - running its day-to-day, weekly and monthly responsibilities
• Own community management and make sure all direct messages, comments, questions and concerns are answered appropriately and in as real time as possible
• Maintain year-round marketing calendar and action plan
• Supervision of marketing interns
• Collaborate on and support all company events and projects to maximise impact across channels
• Build and maintain easy to access archive of digital assets and databases
• Other duties as required from time to time
The role is permanent, full time and based in Hackney, East London.
• 2 years relevant fashion marketing industry experience
• Relevant fashion marketing or communications degree
• Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
• Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team
• Able to juggle and prioritise workload
• Passionate about trends, editorial, fashion, art, pop culture and global events of today
• Strong understanding of digital storytelling; as well as excellence in copywriting and understanding tone-of-voice
• Extensive experience with all main social media platforms, (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tik Tok, Spotify) and associated tools in particular relation to commerce/shopping
• Proven ability to capture and edit engaging assets (still/video) with iphone
• Experience with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; as well as other Adobe Creative Suite such as Premiere or video editing is a bonus