POSITION REPORTS TO: Director, Technical DesignLOCATION: 205 W. 39th Street, New York __________________________________________________________________ POSITION SUMMARY:
The Technical Designer provides support for the Technical Design Manager/Director at PVH Corp through basic technical proficiencies and organization, this entails all aspects of our daily operations and functions.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Participate in design pass off for Women's Tailoring styles and provide technical support for Design to build necessary detail sketches in development stage.
- Understand design intent and add size chart to the Centric system.
- Work with Hub/Vendor partners to translate design intent into prototype samples.
- Lead the risk assessment process with Supply, RM & QA to mitigate risk in bulk production.
- Organize & prepare the fitting session and interact with Design & Supply teams with necessary technical feedback.
- Provide fit comments with pattern corrections, illustration sketches and construction feedback to confirm fit and design intent.
- Follow up with the cross functional team on the risk mitigation action & testing reports.
- Maintain the block samples & fit samples library.
- Day to day emails and follow-ups.
- Support team leaders on building new blocks and projects.
- 4 - 6 years' experience in a Technical Design role in Women's Tailoring essential.
- Pattern making & garment construction knowledge preferred
Degree in Technical Design or Patternmaking, preferredSkills
- Plan & Organize process, time and action calendars and projects.
- Strong verbal & written Communication skills with the ability to take on initiatives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivated team player with superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point, Illustrator
- 3D, Browzwear (Optional), PLM Centric
- Strong team player
Pay Range: $80,000 - $92,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH