In this role as a Production Raw Materials Executive, you will have the main responsibility of buying production raw materials within the timings established, maintaining DeMellier’s quality standards.
• Responsible for ordering all production raw materials (4 Collections per year + Capsule Collections), ensuring they are delivered to targeted deadlines, and following DeMellier’s quality standards.
• Accountable for cross checking there is enough raw material to meet production demand.
• Responsible for requesting and managing all production lab dip swatches, and archiving of raw material production masters.
• Accountable for checking the compliance between production batches and article master for colour, technical and aesthetic specifications.
• Work following the Production Critical Path and communicate timeline conflicts, quality risks, changes to the Production team, and action items daily. Problem anticipation.
• Day-to-day monitoring of the raw material production progress with the tanneries and hardware suppliers and resolving any issues.
• Day-to-day monitoring of the production raw material deliveries to the factory. Communicating the ETAs to the factory.
• Responsible for coordinating all raw materials shipments to the factories, ensuring all documentation is correct for shipment.
• Accountable for requesting and managing all raw materials inspections.
• Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure all materials are approved for production prior to Production Handover meeting.
• Review with the factory all new materials / techniques to ensure there is not issue with mass production of those materials.
• Participate in the Production Handover meeting.
• Further develop clear DeMellier raw materials quality standards and analyse and verify Leather Raw Material in compliance with DeMellier Quality Standards.
• Travelling to suppliers, factories and fairs when needed.
Costing, systems & tools
• Accountable for creating, managing and updating accurately the POs in Zedonk with all deliveries made. Ensure all raw materials all correctly created in the system before placing the POs.
• Responsible for negotiating raw material cost and deliveries for bulk orders.
• Accountable for providing clarity on raw materials PO status, stock count, shipment status and budget status:
- Keep updated the Raw Materials file (POs, stock count & shipments)
- Input all production raw material Invoices on the Budget Tracker file
• Accountable for all the information entered in Zedonk.
• Develop effective working relationships with suppliers and effectively communicate with cross-functional teams, ensuring information flows between all actors of the process.
• Work closely with the Production team to ensure all the deadlines in the Critical Path are met.
• Manage all day-to-day communication with factories and suppliers.
• Do performance reviews, and recommendations on improvements on suppliers/factories in regards to raw materials.
The Ideal Candidate
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Fluent in Spanish is a must. Italian would be a plus and highly appreciated.
• Excellent organizational planning skills. Highly organised. Independent and structured way of working.
• Analytical. Solution orientated – problem solver, flexible, adaptable & resilient.
• Ability to work well under pressure, and meet critical deadlines.
• Understanding and alignment with the DeMellier aesthetic.
• Strong experience with raw materials (leathers, fabrics & hardware) techniques and production processes, international factories and raw material management, bulk manufacturing, cost drivers & lead times.
• The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work tasks.
• Strong negotiation, people skills and tact. Positive attitude & team player.
• Strong IT skills. Knowledge of Zedonk would be a plus.