At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in an equivalent role within another merchant, or have experience in payment gateway industry, merchant acquiring, and payments technology acquired through roles within banking or technology businesses. You will be required to develop a strong understanding of both our retail and digital businesses on a global level.
Reporting to the Global Payments Director, the role will primarily responsible for supporting multiple acquiring bank relationships, analysing and generating payments reporting packs and supporting with operational management of the payments function. You will work with the finance and cash office teams, develop a close relationship with the digital product, legal operations team.
You will focus on payment queries, SLA's banking and supporting with acquiring relationships, team reporting. The payments landscape will be managed on a global scale, developing relationships with local teams to support with the ongoing demands of the payments industry, this includes documenting and maintain policy and procedure to be delivered across the business.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting /organising the day to day payments department, working through the payments inbox, resolving department queries and providing support to the Global Payments administrator.
- Managing Burberry's global payment processes- transaction analysis, settlement analysis, reporting and acquirer management.
- Identifying and onboarding new payment providers for retail and digital payments. Including existing and new to markets including APM's
- Working with internal and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Organising and managing acquirer queries such as; balance transfers and gateway support tickets.
- Review and analyse Burberry's transactions on a daily basis, looking for inconsistencies and resolving queries with the cash office and finance departments.
- Document and map out the full current end-to-end workflow for payments made and payments received for all brands and countries within the region.
- Maintain relationships with existing payment and fraud providers as well as seek out new opportunities that may suit the current payment structure.
- Contact new payment providers making introductions/ conducting (?) research and preparation for meetings with the Global Payments Services Manager and Director of Global Payments.
- Reporting - Develop a reporting structure on all thing's payments, payments business performance. including, preparing data to monitor payment method performance - including authorisation and conversion rates - across all business channels.
- Take responsibility for testing new and existing payment features and functionalities and business development. Pro-actively manage all aspects of the payments support for all departments.
- Supporting the Director of Payments with strategy, analytics, reporting, day to day operations and team functions. including, email queries, meetings, reporting and day to day operations and team functions.
- Monitoring of internal payments systems intra-day to ensure that processes are running per expectation and that there are no system delays that would cause negative impact.
- Support the business when launching new brands, channels and products, advise the retail and digital teams how payments will work with newly launched products.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, Treasury department, Finance, Cash Office, Digital, Legal, Retail, I.T and Procurement.
- Work with the I.T team to integrate new payment solutions, focusing on project management and relationship handling.
- Experience and understanding of the global payments market, alternative payment offerings.
- Experience knowledge of fraud, financial crime and regulatory changes across payments and e-commerce
- Experience and understanding of the payment acquirer landscape
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and vendors
- Excellent communication skills, providing transparency, clarity and bringing simplicity to complex issues
- Experience manipulating and analysing data and report building
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical Skills
- Strong time management
- Team Player / Ability to work effectively
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly
- A communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||