An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand as a Buyer & Merchandiser EUME on multiple product categories. Your main role will be to contribute to the increased sales and profitability of the department, through planning and delivering a balanced and cohesive range into stores and on site, that reflects the Brand vision, emerging trends and market needs. You will also support the business through the provision of accurate and commercially aware retail analysis and information.
Additionally, you will partner cross functionally to drive the sales and profitability of Tory Burch EUME through strategic alignment ensuring key investments, best sellers and seasonal styles are promoted accordingly.JOB DESCRIPTION
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Seeks and understands the brand; its values and vision. Is also aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered;
- A customer centric focus on everything we do to ensure we are catering buys for our customer by door and location
- Strong awareness of the financial targets, understands how they are to be delivered and drives the categories forward to achieve financial targets accordingly
- Own the pre-season strategy, planning and in-season trading of the business
- Ensures buys are within OTB and manages category accordingly with 'business owner' mindset
- Analyses and interprets data to execute a well-balanced and cohesive assortment offer in line with key brand messages and regional needs to maximise sell through and sales
- Ensure trade proactivity through analysis of figures and identifying trends, implementing strategies that mitigate risks, taking corrective action in underperforming areas and reacting/ trading accordingly through any opportunities
- Driving the productivity and profitability on owned categories -reducing option count, maximizing sales and sell thru
- Define the carryover strategy and product lists by category. Working with Planning, brand and product teams to ensure the offer is reviewed continuously and updated when relevant.
- Manage the buy end to end process across Retail and Ecommerce. Drive the vision of the brand forward, fulfilling consumer demands and maximizing commercial opportunities
- Closely collaborating with cross functional partners such as Ecommerce, wholesale, retail, VM, CRM, PR and marketing to ensure strategic alignment and relevant information sharing of key investments, communicates best sellers and important seasonal newness to improve sales and sell through.
- Delivering and owning key projects with impact through information sharing and having a strategic mindset approach and executing accordingly
- Constantly reviews the market and external competitors, through regular comp shops, store visits and research, to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate - reacting where necessary and formulates a strategy accordingly;
- Further develops the relationship with Corporate (New York), sharing our results and requirements (exclusives, events, training, product needs, opportunities, misses) to generate additional sales and to impact the development of the future collections. Influencing and delivering on in-season and future collection needs based on trade, trend and market requirements.
- Ensuring all departmental information and deliverables are accurate, on time and clear with the support of junior team members
- Develops the junior members of the team using effective delegation, raising their level of competency & guiding them in a best practice approach, as well as investing time teaching and training them to maximise departmental efficiencies and output
- Consistently reviewing 'ways of working' to improve department efficiencies and output along with the support of junior team members
- Raises the profile of the Buying & Merchandising team within the business, representing the department in meetings and always presenting the department in a positive and professional manner;
- Able to travel globally; buys, store visits, market visits.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- A buying & merchandising professional ideally with a total of ~5 years total buying experience with 1-2 years at buyer level or a very strong Junior Buyer who has around 2-3 years' experience at Junior Buyer level - ready for the next stage in their career.
- Ideally worked in luxury fashion with experience on sized categories such as Ready to Wear or Footwear
- Omni channel DTC experience preferred
- Strong communication skills; strong English verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A fast learner, able to work independently and cross functionally in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Someone who uses initiative with a hands-on approach and the ability to prioritize;
- A balance of creativity and commercial acumen;
- Has a strong fashion eye and passion for product;
- Shows continual awareness of the Regional customer profile and reflects this in all activities and decisions;
- Strong IT and Analytical skills; Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel skills required, must be comfortable handling and manipulating large data sets;
- Advance skilled in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. Able to quickly learn other Company's tool;
- Leads by example and is a strong role model for the team and junior members. Motivates & inspires the team and others through a positive mindset,
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and can adapt & lead through change
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership. Consistently showing a reliable, mature and confident attitude;
- A team player and multi tasker with strong attention to detail
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .