INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
The Learning & Development Executive is responsible for carrying operational, assessment and developmental tasks within the retail academy.
The role requires the ability to multitask and highly self-organized individuals who follow all relevant L&D policies and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a consistent manner.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure we have the minimum number of candidates available for the 2 cohorts/ year, from assessment and selection.
- Prepare and maintain the new interns' files with continuous assessment tools throughout the programme.
- Conduct the induction program for each batch of new interns.
- Continuously communicate with business to allocate the interns to stores during their internship cycle.
- Complete the evaluation forms and ensure business compliance of completion per intern.
- Conduct field visits to follow up with on-floor interns' performance.
- Shares the interns' files and performance reports with the Retail Academy Manager & Talent Acquisition, highlighting any concerns during the internship period.
- Recommend feedback that will inform the hiring process at the end of the internship period.
- Communicate with different stakeholders of the programme as needed
- Act as a mentor for the interns for a continuous period of 1 year starting the date of the official hire
- Collaborate with the Change Management Lead in KSA as needed
Internal Verification/ Assessment
- Act as a link between the Chalhoub Retail academy and the Awarding Body (Pearson) with all matters related to the Chalhoub Retail Vocational Qualification (CRVQ).
- Conduct in-store assessments for Local Distribution learners.
- Review the learners' level of competence after the programme is completed.
- Use different types of evidence to give an overall assessment of competence.
- Complete the require documentation by creating the learners' files and ensuring they are updated with the required specifications for the qualification.
- Provide feedback on learners' performance and review their progress.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Retail Academy Manager and Trainers.
- Implement all logistical requirements needed for the success of any Chalhoub University event (training events calendar, invitations, follow up, attendance, certification, name tags, training material, copies, binders, evaluation forms, etc.).
- Ensure all records are kept up to date and participants get accurate and timely joining instructions and other relevant information.
- Prepare and send training contracts.
- Maintain inventories and monitor stocks of training materials and catering items, maintaining supply and reordering as appropriate.
- Record and update room bookings for training events and meetings and maintain registers for course bookings.
- Organize and assist with catering arrangements and services for training events and meetings.
- Prepare and follow-up on training invoices and billing.
- Preparing reports such as summary of invoices, P&L of trainings, cumulative participants' lists
What you'll need to succeed
- 2-3 years experince in Retail , Good Communication skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department PEOPLE & CULTURE Role Learning & Development Executive