Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
In this role, you will be a key player in the execution of material management and fabric sourcing (knits) strategy. The role would also be responsible for generating market intelligence data and presentations on market trends and pricing. The role will provide expertise and support to relevant departments regarding the existing and future mill base. The role requires a strong fabric sourcing background and the proven ability to build and sustain relationships with the mills in region.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the fabric development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage relationships with mills and support vendor allocation & aggregated costing along with overall capacity planning aligned to the cost targets to drive competitive advantage
- Partner with mills to drive innovation initiatives and superior quality while resolving any fabric/product and quality issues proactively
- Onboard new mills and provide training to existing mills along with supporting the evaluation process
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement in fabric development, process management and overall sourcing procedures
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensure quality of work
Benefits at Gap
- Fabric Sourcing Knowledge - Minimum 8 years of experience in fabric development (knits) with exposure to large-sized buying office or mills.
- Business Acumen - Experience in execution of fabric sourcing strategy
- Collaboration - Proven ability to communicate and works well with others
- Experimentation - Flexible mindset to present and provide options
- Problem Solver - Demonstrated ability to solve or appropriately escalate challenges
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.