At Next we have a great opporunity for a Home Interior Photographer to join our Creative team!
We are looking for a Photographer to join our Photo Studio team as we move from our current studio in Hemel Hempstead to our new "Buzz" Studio in Leighton Buzzard. Initially you will work from our Hemel Studio then transition to the New "Buzz" Studio as it becomes fully operational (aim of November 2023). You will work closely with a team of in-house creatives including Art Directors, Stylists, Photographers and Set Builders to deliver the full end to end process of asset creation. This is an extremely fast-paced role that covers all our in-house interior photography to maintain Next's photographic vision and creative beliefs. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is creative & proactive looking to take the next step in their career.About the role:
- To deliver Home Interior photography to the highest quality for the Next customer aligned to our brand principles &
- creative direction.
- You will take direction from your Senior Photographer in line with your Creative Lead.
- You will be a focused, driven, hard-working individual that has the maturity and empathy to take direction well.
- You must be able to remain calm and professional while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
- This role demands a strong team player with exceptional communication skills who is eager to learn and develop and can
- grasp new information very quickly.
- You will be able to identify with the ever-changing requirements of a large studio team.
- It is vital to build and maintain strong relationships with your Creative Lead and Senior Photographer.
- Communicate effectively within the studio to evolve the aesthetics of the imagery creatively.
- Maintain a consistent high level of photography that is complementary to the creative direction of the studio.
- Consistent research and understanding of new trends, street style, models, celebrities, social movements, Pinterest,
- Instagram etc to stay inspired, in order to bring the correct approach to every shoot.
- Maintain constant awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve.
- To work collaboratively with other Photographers within the Studio.
- Consistently strive to think outside the box with all processes and projects showing initiative and innovation.
- Communicate effectively with your Senior Photographer to establish clear, recognizable and achievable goals.
- Adhere to style guides & briefs set by products teams or studio management.
- Flexibility to work at other Next studios, external studios and on location when required.
- An expert knowledge of photography, retouching and lighting techniques is essential.
- An extremely high competence of using Photoshop & Capture One.
- Must be able to light studio sets to look like natural daylight
- General skills in graphic design preferred.
- Confidence in training others on photographic techniques.
- High competence using MAC Operating systems.
- Experience working within a large creative studio environment.
- Thorough understanding of current trends and lighting techniques.
- Forward thinking, innovative & proactive in approach of all projects
- Superior planning, workload management and organisational capabilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Creative flair and knowledge, producing innovative ideas and solutions.
- A strong communicator and listener.
- It is essential to be commercially minded and aware of retail fashion and lifestyle trends.
- Comfortable with a highly pressured and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in E-commerce and editorial photography essential.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- A supporting portfolio or website.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Full UK driving licence.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services