At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Internal Audit's purpose is to support Burberry's Board, Audit Committee and Executive Committee by providing independent assurance on, and driving improvements in, the effectiveness of Burberry's control, governance and risk management processes. The team's scope of activities includes all operations in all geographic locations, including associates, joint ventures, outsourcing arrangements and other investments where audit rights are permitted under the relevant agreements. Audits performed cover strategic , operational, financial & compliance risks, and the provision of ongoing assurance over critical business programmes.
This is a hybrid position based out of our NYC corporate office reporting to our Senior Vice President-Risk & Internal Audit. Final candidate will be expected to on-board and train in London upon start date. Connecting with others
Auditees (generally up to Executive level)
Regional Senior Leadership Teams
Third Party Providers RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an up to date understanding Burberry's strategy and how IA's work supports delivery.
- Develop & Deliver a risk-based assurance programme to address key risks in the Americas region.
- Proactively partner with regional leadership team to drive control improvements.
- Work collaboratively with other IA team members on the ongoing management of audit delivery, scheduling and team workload.
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with established methodology and IIA standards and codes.
- Actively contribute to the development, profile and strategic direction of the Internal Audit Department to ensure Internal Audit remains a relevant, valued business partner by stakeholders.
- Assist the SVP with the preparation of Audit Committee papers, and monthly reports for senior Executives.
- Actively coach and develop other team members by role modelling the desired technical, leadership and business partnering skills expected from Internal Audit.
- Ability to liaise with both Regional and Corporate Executive management to present an argument for change and improvement.
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve objectives, displaying an understanding of group dynamics, being a team player, being collegial and collaborative, open and non-territorial.
- Provides leadership to the team, managing problems and providing assistance as required
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision, being self-motivated with a desire to add value.
- Requires a professional commitment with the objective of managing the efficient, timely completion of audit work to the standard required.
- Displays ability to self-assess own performance and take steps to actively improve performance.
- Handles a demanding workload, prioritises requirements with team management and provides guidance and input into numerous areas simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in both day to day work and in formal meetings and reporting context, including facilitation and meeting management.
- Demonstrates flexible, objective, lateral thinking.
- Is able to operate comfortably in an environment that is subject to frequent change
- Uses sound commercial judgement as a base for planning and decision making.
- Financial Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or Internal Audit Qualification (IIA, CIA).
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in an Internal Audit or Risk Management role.
- Comprehensive experience with application of risk based audit methodologies across operational and financial areas
- Strong data & analytics skills
- US Work Authorization
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Retail / luxury experience
- SAP ERP experience
- Experience in the Americas market
- Accuracy, timeliness, standard and commercial relevance of Audit work;
- Commercial acumen;
- 360 Feedback from staff, peers and senior management in the department and the business.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $132,000.00 and $170,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || AMERICAS - RISK ASSURANCE || n/a ||