With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position executes and manages the delivery of contracts, transactional legal services, and operations advice across the company. This role also counsels the business on a broad range of commercial transactions and regulatory matters, with a heavy emphasis on structuring, drafting, and negotiating contracts. This position is responsible for ensuring legal compliance across various operational areas of the organization, and coordinating with internal and external attorneys, as needed to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of transactional deliverables and ongoing operational compliance. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advice and counsel for a wide range of matters to the company's senior leadership, and the company's design, merchant, sourcing and logistics, planning & allocation, retail store and digital commerce channels, franchise, public relations, tax & finance, and IT organizations.
- Proactively identifies potential liability and reputational risks and collaborate with business partners on creative and practical solutions.
- Develops and drives implementation of measures to mitigate risk, increase speed and efficiency to market, and further the long-term interests of the Company.
- Provides advice on consumer product safety, labeling & other regulatory standards, and requirements.
- Negotiates and drafts for a wide variety of day-to-day and complex commercial contracts & participating in enterprise-level project implementation.
- Provides legal guidance on the company's environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) program.
- Handles commercial contracts litigation management.
- Advises to the business on its global supply chain needs and compliance program across all Company vendors and factories.
- Manages of outside counsel when needed.
- Provides effectively and independently strategic legal advice to business partners on business initiatives.
- Handles day-to-day operations, product compliance, complex contracts and project implementations and the Company's ESG Program.
- JD Degree required
- 6-8 years practicing law, with a mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Highly refined experience negotiating complex commercial domestic and international transactions and related documents
- 5+ years' experience providing legal guidance on complex legal and regulatory issues affecting fashion retailers to retail or wholesale operational stakeholders
- Knowledge of entity structuring, operational planning and financial reporting preferred.
- Ability to drive investigations into internal practices to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- IP portfolio management experience helpful
- Experience managing legal professionals
- Requires a proven ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines
- PC proficiency, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Project management skills preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.