Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
The Director of Customer and Brand Strategy is responsible for building strategic foundations for key marketing initiatives and campaigns, rooted in customer insights and data. As an individual contributor, the director will work with marketing vehicle leads and creative partners to create bold, industry leading work while ensuring a cohesive narrative across the brand. The director will also be accountable for collating and translating customer data and insights into actionable strategies and tactics. Partnering with our corporate strategy and CI partners, the Director Customer and Brand Strategy will provide insights and territories that will help to inform briefs and marketing plans, providing robust grounding for creative ideation as well as providing regular updates and recommendations based on customer data around retention, frequency and acquisition.
We are looking for a customer obsessed, dynamic brand strategist with robust brand and creative strategy, brand positioning, and customer data and insights experience to build and lead this team.What You'll DoBrand Strategy
- Contribute to long-range brand planning (1 to 3 years) initiatives to build brand equity.
- Partner with Customer Belonging to continually champion access, representation and inclusion throughout all marketing initiatives including casting and creative.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Insights to develop research objectives, key learnings, and action plans.
- Develop annual strategy and campaigns for values-based initiatives aligned to key brand values: inclusivity, opportunity, and sustainability.
- Stand up for issues that matter to customers, employees, and your team.
- Create seasonal territories and propositions rooted in clear insights for key campaign briefs.
- Develop hindsight, key learnings and recommendations that enhance the work and lead to better business results than last year.
- Drive clarity on roles of channel and how each can be utilized inherently to tell a cohesive narrative.
- Provide insight on campaign narratives - clear articulation of the role of comms and the task to be achieved at each phase of a given campaign; what are we communicating and what action do we want the customer to do at each stage of the funnel?
Who You AreExperience Required
- Partner closely with brand strategy and CI teams to anchor in holistic view of customer.
- Translate customer insights and data into actionable strategies marketing leaders can implement.
- Create ongoing reporting/share outs of relevant customer information for the team to integrate into briefs and plans.
- Encourage experimentation and quick response to current events by leveraging consumer data to drive cultural relevancy and brand engagement.
- Influence customer work at the brand level
- Create best practices and recommendations anchored in customer targets, keeping the marketing organization focused on the right audiences.
Benefits at Gap
- 7+ years as Brand Strategist a.k.a. Creative Strategist with Experience in Brand Architecture, Positioning, Consumer Insights/Data experience, analytics a plus.
- Able to drive alignment between key stake holders including Marketing Leadership Team and C-level executives.
- Able to inspire creative team and agency partners to create bold, industry leading work
- Experience in Market Research Design including Quantitative and Qualitative, Creative Ad Testing, Brand Equity Tracker, Creative Ad Testing and Campaign Measurement/
- Ad Effectiveness
- Experience Design Thinking and Customer Journey mapping
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.