At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Financial Analyst, Corporate Functions is responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial analysis, providing insights which drive change in cost behaviour and identifying opportunities to unlock operational efficiencies.
Key to this role is the development of a strong understanding of budgets/forecasts and financial performance across all of the businesses Corporate Functions. In order to be successful, strong partnerships will need to be developed with many stakeholders within the finance function and across the wider business, including Burberry Business Services, Finance, HR and Corporate Affairs, both in the UK and regionally, utilising strong communication and insight to provide support and challenge.
Regular interaction with finance shared services and regional Finance is necessary to ensure cost, forecast and budget alignment with corporate requirements.
This role will also be required to support on adhoc projects and initiatives.
This role is based at out Burberry Business Services in Leeds.
Business Performance Management and Decision Support
• Develop and establish processes for a smooth delivery of the month-end close; lead in partnering with Burberry Business Services to ensure that all journal entries and accounting are accurately completed.
• Continuous critical review of ways of workings and processes to identify opportunities for improvements in process efficiencies and controls as the business grows, whilst ensuring resources are effectively allocated.
• Advanced financial modelling and insights to inform and support review of business functions. Provide and deliver analysis and insight that links financial reports to business strategies
• Prepare and review management reports to ensure accuracy and presentation in line with business requirements (actuals, forecast, budget). Lead on improving the processing and integrity of financial data, re-designing processes to further streamline reporting and ways of working
• Support analysis and clear links to financial performance across other measures of performance such as value creation, headcount analysis, productivity initiatives and others where necessary
Planning Budgeting & Forecasting
• Support business with strong budget control
• Complete, coordinate, review and evaluate the development of plans, budgets & forecasts across Burberry Business Services, HR, Finance, Corporate Affairs, Executive, A&G and Head Office Properties (both regional and corporate cost), ensuring the most profitable allocation of resources through financial insights & constructive challenge.
• Support the formulation and delivery of 5YP / other long-range plans
• Supports the continuous improvement of planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Lead on forecasting of headcount costs; lead the review of actuals and HR updates with the Management Accounting team on a monthly basis
• Support business case development as necessary through completion of relevant financial analysis, reporting and summarising of information
• Support the delivery of strategic projects
• Produce post implementation analysis.
• Work will also be required on other transformation projects and adhoc initiatives/projects as directed by Senior Finance Manager or VP Finance, Corporate Functions
Qualifications and Skills
• Part qualified/Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA)
• SAP, BPC.
• Advanced Excel Skills.
• Strong modelling and analytical background.
• Ability to communicate, engage with and influence a wide range of personalities in an articulate manner.
• Commercial acumen.
• Proven track record of delivering in a period of change.
• Proven ability to drive improvements.
• Financial, analytical and investment background.
• Experience of budgeting and forecasting in a medium / large business
• Adopts and leads with the Burberry Values - Creatively Driven, Open and Caring, Proud of our Heritage and Forward Thinking
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||