INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Tanagra is a multi-brand luxury Home & Lifestyle concept operating online and offline across the GCC region. It is a unique destination for Art of Living and Home Gifting in the Middle East, where your mind gets inspired, your heart excited, your
soul amazed, transforming your home into a journey of self-expressions.
This role will manage the Buying & Merchandising strategy for Tanagra. The Head of Buying and Merchandising will develop, implement, and deliver the strategic direction for luxury home products across categories to maximize sales and hit profit targets across the region. Your responsibilities will include:
- Own the function to ensure commercially viable negotiations are made in favor of the overall business decisions such as contracts, agreements, return to vendor,
- Leverage from customer data, sales, and performance data while demonstrating exceptional awareness of market competition and regional trends to ensure commercially
- Reinforce the product selection meeting the value proposition Tanagra to ensure team buys commercially viable product ranges that reflect the brand image.
- Partner with merchandise planning, supply chain and demand planning function on OTB planning and monitor review in season, to make recommendations.
- Monitor that any new price is communicated correctly and timely to relevant functions and/or verticals
- Co-collaborate on the visual merchandising and creative direction while ensuring brands are brought to life and displayed in relation to customer demands and buying strategy.
Partner with the wider digital team to manage the availability and offering of product online.
Compile brand reports at regional level based on consolidated information from local merchandise team and analyses on direct extraction from system.
What you'll need to succeed
- 10 + years of experience in Luxury Retail within a Merchandising/Buying capacity across multi-brand businesses
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong Financial, business and commercial acumen, and ability to drive strategy.
- Flexibility in understanding industry business cycles, demands, and effect on financial results
- A proven track record of managing profitability including the ability to analyze and discuss financial impact, status and improvement.
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Leads by examples and fosters innovation to develop team succession planning to identify, select and develop people (talent) to meet future growth
- Currently operating at a "Head of" level within a merchandising and stock forecasting environment
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION