Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren is seeking to appoint an in-house legal counsel to support its business throughout the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, with a particular focus on real estate and general corporate matters. Reporting to the Lead Counsel, Real Estate, APAC, the role will be based at the regional corporate office in Hong Kong. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer looking to develop in-house legal experience at a multinational company in the fashion / retail industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Working under the guidance of senior lawyers to provide legal advice and support to Ralph Lauren's business throughout the APAC region, with a particular focus on real estate leasing in Greater China and general corporate matters
* Draft, review and negotiate retail leases and concession agreements for stores located in Greater China, and any other commercial contracts as required by the business teams and various internal departments
* Ensure that leases signed within the region comply with global corporate policies
* Manage corporate secretarial matters (including managing statutory filings, preparing resolutions) for various entities around APAC
* Conduct research and provide analysis and advice on various regulatory matters, as well as other general areas of law that are relevant to the business
* Working with global team members (based in the US and Europe) on global projects
* Manage and liaise with external counsel
* Undertake any ad hoc legal projects and assignments as required
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Recognised law degree and admitted to practice in Mainland China or Hong Kong
* Minimum 1-2 years' legal experience
* Strong Mandarin language skills, including the ability to draft and negotiate in Chinese
* Ability to work independently
* Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
* Willingness to occasionally travel around the region when required We offer a collegial working environment and an attractive remuneration package and career prospects for the right candidate. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided will only be used for purpose of recruitment and selection.