At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
As part of the Security Improvement Programme (SIP), reporting directly to the SIP Director, the Project Support Officer (PSO) has responsibility for logging, managing and analysing information on the progress of the programme and its subordinate projects, and budgets, preparing progress reports and liaising with key stakeholders.
As a key individual that provides vital assistance and support to the Programme Director and Project Managers within the SIP, the PSO has an important role in the timely delivery of all projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for the documentation related to the SIP management and ad-hoc content on specific topics (e.g., business workshops).
• Support the SIP Director in the smooth operation of the programme, specifically in regard to the programme weekly routine (weekly report consolidation, weekly checkpoint meetings, programme plan updates, programme specific meeting organisation, workshop preparation and documentation etc.)
• Support preparation of any programme / project Steering Committees and Senior Management reports / requests.
• Analyse and interpret data to identify any risks or issues and communicate these to the SIP Director and Project Managers.
• Tracking actuals and forecasts of each project to ensure programme is within budget for the fiscal year.
• Managing SharePoint access and repository for all programme / project materials - enforcing strong document management practices around inventory, storage and version control.
• Organising Weekly Team meetings including meeting invites / rooms / agenda etc.
• Working out metrics (performance indicators) and producing RAID logs.
• Assist in delivering project products through Agile, Waterfall and PRINCE2 methodologies.
• Assist the SIP Director / Project Managers in drafting proposals, budgets, preliminary schedules and undertaking requirement gathering through effective communication with the business.
• Accurately communicate all programme / project information to Group Information Security and business leads.
• Take minutes in meetings accurately and concisely.
• Reporting project progress weekly to key stakeholders.
• Work closely with project managers, reporting updates and identifying issues which may affect project timelines.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the SIP programme management by identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions.PERSONAL PROFILE
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as project management, business administration, or security management is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse data and identify issues and risks.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and project management software.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a project support role, ideally within a security or related field.
- Experience in project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Experience in preparing progress reports and maintaining project documentation.
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project goals and objectives.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || INFORMATION SECURITY || n/a ||