Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Data Scientist to join our growing Data Lab team and help generate, design, and implement solutions that aid in the optimization of the company's Buying, Planning and Allocation processes. In this role, you will utilize your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to develop data-driven solutions for cross-functional and cross-regional applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as an internal data consultant that identifies long standing bottlenecks, advises on which technologies, platforms and methods to use and helps creating solutions from project inception to completion
* Develop and implement strategies and initiatives to resolve business challenges, leveraging quantitative approaches, including but not limited to machine learning applications
* Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional teams to develop data-driven systems for business process alignment and streamlining
* Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency enhancement through the application of machine learning, quantitative techniques and algorithms
* Deliver training sessions to users on developed application and provide supports to ensure effective utilization and adoption of solutions
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Strong expertise and knowledge with VBA programming in Excel for prototyping and maintaining current processes. Experience with Ribbons / Addins
* Hands-on experience in applying machine learning techniques to real-world applications
* Proficiency in, or demonstrable ability to learn Python, R, SQL, AWS or other related languages and platforms.
* Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Proven track record for strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about business challenges and recommend appropriate quantitative solutions
* Fluency in English and Cantonese, facilitating seamless communication with both local staff and international stakeholders. The ability to translate complex technical concepts into lay language is highly desirable.