At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
In this role, you will collect, analyse and report all the activities and the information required to define LG product costs at different stage of development process, from estimates to final seasonal cost at POs confirmation. Provide and coordinate activities for a timely release of seasonal product costs, proactively supporting cross-functional information sharing to achieve target costs. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse and understand Cost Sheets Breakdown received from the Vendors and drive cost challenges where needed, including Raw Materials and hardware costs, and all cuttable materials consumption assessment.
- Use Cost Engineering best practices, processes and tools to optimize product cost.
- Manage cost engineering objectives, contributing to and in line with the overall Supply Chain cost management strategy.
- Follow the product cost variations during all development stages (from Prototype to Sampling).
- Monitor and give a critical feedback on cost performance in production.
- Identify and propose Cost Savings opportunities by analysing and understanding vendors cost sheet breakdown.
- Degree level in Management Engineering or similar.
- Experience within a leather good or related industry is ideal.
- FLUENCY IN ENGLISH.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Advanced use of Excel.
- Experience on hard accessories would be an advantage.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||