About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
The Sr. Director, Online Experience develops total online experience strategy with Global Merchants, Planning, Stores, & Marketing to drive a customer-focused shopping experience and establishes Old Navy Online as the destination for product authority and customer engagement. This position will lead all online experience teams and be accountable for the total online P&L in US and Canada, which drives a frictionless and seamless omni experience and drives continuous improvement on the site & app with a mobile-first mentality.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- 25% - Strategy Development:
- Own the web presence and primary KPIs for Old Navy Ecommerce divisions ensuring the site and app meet branding guidelines and consumer expectations
- Partner with Global Merchant leadership to understand merchandising objectives and strategy to develop the Online category experience priorities
- Develop category roadmaps focused on driving improvements that result in improved customer satisfaction, increased traffic, conversion and sales.
- 25% - Team Leadership:
- Drive a high performing, engaged and committed organization by developing business leadership mentality, facilitating two-way communication, inspiring the team, and recognizing employees
- This role will lead a total team of 12 with 5 direct reports
- 25% - Cross Functional Leadership:
- Partner across the organization with Product Design & Development, Commercial Planning, Store Visual Merchandising, Online Operations, Innovation & Platform Operations, and Marketing to build cross-functional teams, alignment and prioritization of key initiatives
- Partner with Global Merchandising teams to ensure the full assortment of products are correctly represented across our site and app
- Partner with broader Old Navy Online team in the continual evolution of Old Navy online to improve primary ecommerce metrics in support of Ecommerce goals
- Partner with Brand Marketing and Global Merchandising peers to proactively identify strong product stories for incoming traffic from social, email, natural search, and other channels to optimize the online customer shopping experience
- 25% - Benchmarking and Analysis:
- Lead the team through competitive benchmarking reviews leveraging customer information and competitor information to identify the most significant opportunities to the improve the customer experience across categories.
- Monitor and make recommendations for both site and category experience improvements with the expectation of continual improvements in conversion and revenue across all devices
- Provide leadership and partnership in the ideation of A/B tests to optimize the customer experience for both online experience and new site functionality
- Analyze data at a granular level, summarize concisely and report out key learnings. Distill trends from raw data. Use reporting to drive changes in category experience and site improvements.
- Daily monitoring and reporting on primary KPIs to understand the business and help optimize conversion and revenue goals.
Benefits at Old Navy
- 15+ years professional experience in ecommerce or strategy functions in DTC and/or Indirect Ecommerce business
- 7+ years Industry experience in CPG, FMCG, Beauty, Fashion, or Apparel verticals as part of a matrixed enterprise with $8B+ in annual revenue
- Demonstrated experience in commercial planning for Ecommerce business inclusive of directly managing or partnering with cross-functional teams managing pricing and promotional strategies to deliver on Ecommerce sales and margin targets
- Demonstrated experience in improving online conversion rate, average unit retail, and revenue per visit
- Demonstrated experience in getting key priorities supported through influence of cross-functional teams
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $158,900 - $229,000 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.