Tiffany & Co. is endeavoring a highly transformative journey of its enterprise data strategy. As part of the roadmap that will shape Tiffany's data landscape in the upcoming years, we are creating a Data Governance Manager position responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and evangelizing a comprehensive enterprise data governance program.
Reporting to the Data Strategy and Analytics Director within the Omnichannel department, the role will be setting the new foundations and the new standards for making high quality data (accurate, complete, and consistent) legally and easily accessible across the organization domains (client, operations, finance, HR…), leveraging a transformed technology environment in the making (analytics platforms, BI and Artificial Intelligence capabilities).
The Data Governance Manager will work with all business domains (CRM, Retail, Marketing, Media, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance…), IT professionals, legal counsel, product owners, globally, to develop and enforce data governance policies, standards, and procedures. The Data Governance Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining data dictionaries, data lineage diagrams, and other data documentation, and evangelizing them through the creation of community of practices around data. Key Accountabilities: Data Strategy
- Create the "certified data ecosystem" that will be the foundational brick of Tiffany of the future
- Understand Tiffany & Co. business strategy, IT and legal context to collaborate with the relevant stakeholders in prioritizing the enterprise transformation roadmap and deliver technical & organizational solutions needed to attain business goals
- Define, drive, and manage the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities for the development of data management capabilities in autonomy
- Collaborate with IT teams to establish data governance tools, technologies, and infrastructure required to support data governance initiatives.
- Manage existing Data Governance resources (consulting)
- Transversal management and capability to identify data-related key roles within the current organization, and to creatively propose a contribution model promoting responsible data stewardship by design in the long-run
- Evangelize with enthusiasm and perseverance, going beyond simple "data quality" issues to spot trainings and upskilling needs to support our transformation objectives.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues to create a sense of service, trust and reliability.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of data dictionaries, data lineage diagrams, KPI catalogs, and other comprehensive data documentations which affect ways of working
- Conduct data quality risk audits to assess data quality, identify data gaps, and recommend corrective actions to improve data integrity and consistency
- Define and implement data classification and sensitivity frameworks to manage data access, retention, and disposal
- Provide data governance oversight through committee leadership & participation
- Develop and execute training strategy and support to business users on data governance policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or Business with strong Data-related cursus. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (5-7 years) in data governance, data management, or a related role.
- Strong knowledge of data governance principles, frameworks, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with data privacy and security regulations (e.g., GDPR, PIPL, CCPA) and their implications on data governance.
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance policies, procedures, and standards in very large organizations.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data quality assessment techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and influence business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with data governance tools, metadata management tools, and data cataloging solutions.
- Experience in the Retail industry and/or Consulting is a plus
- Certifications in data governance, data management, or related fields (e.g., CDMP, DAMA) are a plus.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $129,625-183,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.