Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Visual merchandising assistant supports the visual merchandising senior assistant(s) and/or associate(s) in ensuring the merchandising plan is executed correctly and on time. They will work cross-functionally to collaboratively execute product lifestyle management and merchandising improvements on-site. They will continuously monitor the site to ensure that all products are showing up onsite in line with our flagship requirements. They will aim to troubleshoot customer-facing issues ahead of those being called out to the contact centre. This role is key in maintaining flagship standards onsite, they will be aware of the divisional plans, seasonal buys and forecast to make the best merchandising decision. Detailed-orientated approach and a genuine interest in understanding what drives customers to buy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure customer experiences is seamless throughout the funnel by consistently performing a series of checks of product pages, category pages, cross-sells, search keywords, navigational elements and more
• Maintain and optimize product attribution for product assortment
• Ensuring products have the required data and imagery to launch on time working to resolve any issues as quickly as possible to optimise sales on site. Reporting any key information to the Trading team
• Conducting daily site walks including data analysis and site optimisation
• Analysing best sellers and stock levels in reaction to trade performance and upcoming promotional activity to optimise online sales.
• Maintain commercial awareness, understanding of key competitors and promotional plans
• Execute promo plans.
• Execute site navigation, customer journey and product placement devised in VM plan or instructed by senior team members and strategy seasonal insights.
• Produce reports for both internal and external discussions.
• You will build on the merchandising catalogue, creating new product listing pages and suggesting opportunities for capturing trends and SEO terms.
• You will tag ownership of content assets and take part in all UAT activities for refreshes of both content and platform.
• Attend all virtual line openings to ensure you know the divisional seasonal buys. Trade
• You will prepare and present weekly and ad hoc trading information to the team, identifying any trading-related actions. You will own and update the trade calendar in accordance with regional trading events and product launches.
• You will proactively work with the DTC merchandising teams to ensure stock opportunities are maximised for the Digital Channel. Time Allocation
• 60% execution in Salesforce Business Manager and Website Checks
• 20% cross-functional planning meeting
• 10% coordination with the data flow team
• 5% training and development (learning and teaching)
• 5% feedback to the wider business
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
This role is ideal for someone early in their ecommerce career, who enjoys the technical aspect and would love to work in an exciting, global brand.
• 1+ full strategic cycles experience (can be from an internship)
• Strong Excel skills (Pivot & Vlookup) to manipulate big data sets
• Good understanding of web tools (Salesforce Excel etc)
• An entrepreneurial, career-hungry mindset
• Highly organized with a sharp eye for details.
• Intuitive and initiative.
• A willingness to get stuck in and learn
• Passion to work in a luxury fashion brand.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated aptitude for technology, including understanding product data flows and e-commerce software
• Positive, "can-do" attitude
• Willingness to be flexible and pivot across multiple tasks and priorities as necessary
• Proactive, taking initiative for needed improvements and problem-solving