For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, fast paced environment focused on all public relations + partnership endeavors. You will be an ambassador for our brand, driving press & brand awareness across consumer media. You will be responsible for creating impactful PR campaigns, editorial calendar & influencing media coverage. You should have outstanding organizational skills, strong media relationships, and superior written and verbal communication.
This individual will lead wholistic partnership strategies, relationships and implementation, as well as brand + product PR, external communications and brand experiences. He/ She will create opportunities to grow brand awareness, credibility and emotional connections among our customers through partnerships with VIPs, athletes and like-minded brands and earned media coverage.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop and manage all aspects of PR, including fashion, product and brand media outreach (national and regional), media events + appointments, seasonal previews, etc
- Maintain keys relationship with product and fashion + lifestyle press, influencers and brand partners
- Author press releases, talking points, Q&As, and other written materials
- Establish and maintain key relationships with editors, influencers, and key social channels to
- Lead annual and seasonal PR/external communications planning and execution in addition to seasonal product sample programming
- Manage consumer Communications editorial calendar to ensure consistency, and amplification of key messages annually and seasonally
- Play strong, senior strategic role in working cross functionally and with senior leaders
- Ensure seasonal brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life through PR/partner/ influencer activations
- Oversee all aspects of partnerships including strategic planning, ongoing relationship management and cross functional working groups/collaboration
- Create processes by leveraging data, insights and tools to measure the success of both Partnerships and Earned PR
Benefits at Athleta
- Personality and composure to work with senior executives and major media outlets
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within budgets and timeline
- Ability to determine solutions independently, think creatively, and implement rapidly
- this role will be culturally plugged-in, a strategic thinker and an experienced leader
- 10 +years communications experience - lifestyle/consumer/fashion PR experience is critical; existing media relationships required; partnership/sponsorship management experience preferred, performance/ active space preferred
- Strong annual and seasonal PR/external communications/partnership/sponsorship marketing strategy development and execution experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges and recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Experience with influencer strategies and programs
- Leader of teams, collaborative, nimble and agile;Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
- In-house experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.