At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
To support the HR Operations goal of optimal service delivery through providing comprehensive, accurate and commercial HR advise to the designated client group as appropriate, adhering to legislation and Company policy at all times; working in close partnership with the appropriate HR Manager and the business area.RESPONSIBILITIESER
- Be the link between ER and the business, advising on policy and aligning the business to existing and new HR policy.
- Protect the business by ensuring legal compliance that is culturally in line with our brand values.
- Manage ER casework as required, involving consultation, grievances, disciplinary, performance management and settlement agreements. Casework involvement will mainly be at a senior / complex / high risk level.
- Coach the level of capability within the business to manage ER cases, ensuring up skilling of line management, which may include training and briefings on policies and guidelines typically at a senior level.
- Working with the business to define and roll-out local guidelines and procedures, where required.
- To support line managers within designated client group both informally and formally on all employee relations issues such as flexible working, capability, performance management, redundancy, grievances and disciplinary cases; escalating to more senior members of the HR Operations team where appropriate.
- To consult with Business Partners on high level and sensitive ER cases but retaining full ownership.
- To support and coach line managers within the designated client group on operational HR issues ensuring that high quality, appropriate advice is given.
- Support and coach HR Administrators to facilitate knowledge and experience growth especially around Employee Relations cases.
BUSINESS PARTNER SUPPORT
- To support and coach line managers on absence management, in particular in cases of long term absence; utilising the external Occupational Health provider and Corporate Health and Safety Manager where appropriate.
- To support the HR Business Partners in partnership with Finance to track actual spend against forecast on a monthly basis using knowledge of new starters, leavers and employee changes within designated client group.
- Prepare business justification/rationale for headcount expenditure which is outside of budget.
- Support the HR Business Partner to implement organisational design initiatives and change.
- Utilising internal and external benchmarks, partnering with HR Business Partners to provide support and guidance to the Resourcing Centre Of Expertise in relation to the appropriate remuneration to be extended when offering to potential hires within the designated client group.
- Review all recruitment paperwork prepared by the HR Administrator before issue.
- Partner with the Reward and Recognition COE on visa applications; mobility and secondments.
- Linking with external peer networks to keep HR knowledge relevant and up to date
- Promote use of HR systems and tools whenever applicable.
- Contribute to ad hoc HR projects as required.
- Possess and develop a clear understanding of all HR processes and their application
- Work as a member of the Employee Services team, maximise customer satisfaction.
- Participate in information sharing with other members of the Employee Services team
- Identify trends and share recommendations for improvement with the team and Continuous Improvement Advisor
- Use acquired experience/ knowledge for relationship building and training
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. With the ability to listen and connect with the ability to listen and connect with the customer
- Has the abaility to say'no' positively
- Identify any concerns regarding service delivery and performance to the leadership team.
- Thrives on making recommendations that provide solutions and efficiencies and presenting proposals at team meetings
- Availability to work on broader level projects
- Get pro-actively involved in cross HR teaming when required
- Feel confident to speak openly with team members
- Support fellow team members through sharing workload and coaching administrators
- Parterning with senior employees
- University degree
- CIPD desirable
- Proven experience in generalist HR Advisor/Assistant role.
- Confidence to handle employee relations cases
- Highly experienced and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Utd.Arab Emir. || Not Applicable || Dubai || HR || EMEIA - HR BUSINESS PARTNERING || n/a ||