About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will support company efforts to maintain a positive employee relations environment, inclusive of high employee engagement and performance as well as upholding company culture. You will help develop and implement proactive employee relations management strategies that support business partners' business goals. You will help ensure business partners comply with employment law and Code of Business Conduct obligations and direct employment investigations, complaint resolution, and counsel and assess legal risk in high profile and high-risk employee relations situationsWhat You'll Do
Who You Are
- Counsel business partners on pro active measures to ensure maintenance of a positive employee relations environment and compliance with applicable labor and employment regulations
- Develop education and conduct training on proactive employee and labor relations, identifying and addressing organizational vulnerabilities
- Serve as internal consultant/point person to address labor relations issues that arise
- Support development and maintenance of Gap Inc. labor relations strategy, philosophy, and trainings
- Supervise and participates in response to labor relations activity company wide
- Collaborate and lead others in key initiatives and their implementation
- Responsible for planning, budget and end results; set policies and strategic direction for area/team
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Proven experience and track record in Employee Relations, Human Resources, or Labor Relations; strong expertise in US and Canadian labor law
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (both verbally and in writing)
- High professional standards regarding customer service, confidentiality and integrity
- Able to filter, prioritize, analyze, and validate potentially complex high stakes employment matters
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of labor law, National Labor Relations Board case law, and ongoing union activity
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $162,700 - $215,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.