About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Internal Audit [IA] Department is looking for a Senior Auditor, to execute operational, information technology, financial, strategic and compliance audits of complex business processes in a cross-teaming environment. You will work with a strong internal audit team, learn and lead new initiatives. This is a highly visible, dynamic and fast paced role and you should expect to interact frequently with business leaders across Gap, Inc.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Conduct internal audits of financial, operational, compliance and strategic processes in a timely manner, specifically:
- Leading process walkthroughs and drafting process narratives and flowcharts
- Designing the testing approach and drafting scoping documents;
- Documenting test results in compliance with industry and department standards;
- Applying analytical skills and sound judgment to identify areas for improvement;
- Drafting audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management; and
- Collaborating with business partners on remediation plans.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with corporate and brand functions
- Use data analytics to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of audit projects and to identify improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate internal control environment and financial reporting compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Develop thorough understanding of financial process and controls; able to assess new processes, systems, or initiatives for risk.
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of enterprise risks and mitigations related to financial, operational, supply chain and other business areas.
- Some projects require interaction and partnership w/SOX and Store Compliance Audit teams
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of using data analytics tools such as PowerQuery, Power BI, ACL, Tableau, etc. and intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite. GRC tools such as Audit Board in audit projects is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships and a high level of integrity.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills with ability to multitask and work with geographically dispersed/diverse IA team members and business partners.
- Developed expertise and experience performing financial, operational, compliance and strategic audits and/or SOX compliance testing. Previous experience at a multinational company is a plus.
- Apply fully functional professional knowledge in Internal Audit
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.