Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview Job Overview
The Bloomie's Store Leader is a floor present leader on the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. The Store Leader's primary objective is to maximize sales and conversion by building long-term, high value relationships that exemplify outstanding customer service. The Store Leader is a fashion authority and serves as a leader for fashion education and selling techniques. Through an inspirational leadership style, strong interpersonal skills and solid business acumen, the Store Leader guides the selling journey and inspires their team to bring the Bloomie's mission to life. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Store Leader is directly responsible for all day to day functions, selling and service activity, merchandising, and operational tasks. In today's retail environment, our leaders are flexible and agile, supporting sales results and merchandising standards. Store Leaders serve a core function by creating a customer centric experience and leading the Bloomie's team in the daily operations of the business, driving sales and profit. Essential Functions Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies Education Requirements Min/Preferred Education Level Description
- Drive client conversion and sales by observing, coaching and role modeling customer-centric selling behaviors
- while providing a fun shopping environment where all customers feel welcome.
- Ensure the Customer Experience Framework is beind delivered by the selling team at all times by:
- Providing reinforce/redirect feedback for selling behaviors that Engage, Understand, Build, and Recommend
- Routinely observing the floor and moving Sales Professionals around as appropriate based on traffic
- Ensuring lunches and breaks are taken appropriately
- Solving in-the-moment for scheduling issues while preserving the customer experience
- Identifying and monitoring key service impression areas to ensure that most critical areas are attended to even during times of minimal staffing
- Demonstrate product knowledge across all merchandise areas, including the ability to suggest and implement
- merchandising decisions to drive the business.
- Direct and coach the team on the service and selling standards of the store including client acquisition and
- development, digital selling, appointment and fitting room selling.
- Assist the Store Manager in acquiring new high value clients through networking.
- Assist the Store Manager to coach and mentor team on the operational standards of the store including merchandising, floor plans, logistics, visual directives, shipments, transfers, floor moves, signing and markdowns.
- Onboard new hires and develop internal talent through mentoring, education, training and coaching
- Protect Company assets, adhering to all operational and cash office procedures.
Minimum 2 Year / Associate Degree Associate's Degree Years of Experience Min/Preferred Years of Experience Comments
Minimum 3 3-5 years direct experience required. Competencies
Physical Requirements Physical Requirements
- Associate's Degree and 3-5 years direct experience required.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking, reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment.
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.