Position Summary: To operate industrial material handling equipment in the performance of product transport assignments. Follows computerized instructions and utilizes bar code scanners to identify product and confirm completion of assignments. Operates both high-bay and ground level equipment including turret trucks, stock picker trucks and walkie-rider trucks.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Receives equipment and zone assignments and interacts with computer system via radio-
frequency to receive and report completion of task assignments.
2. Familiarize self with productivity capacity of sorters and trucks so that product delivery to
and from storage is balanced.
3. Under computer guidance, determines next best task to accomplish.
4. Using RF terminal, reports inconsistencies or errors to the Warehouse Management System.
Understands and uses proper screens in order to resolve problems.
5. Handles and stacks up to 50 to 60 lb. cases of product onto a pallet, and transfers like
cases onto take away conveyors at specified points.
6. Acquires empty pallets from stacks and removes empty skids to storage in designated areas.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
8. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : Supervisors, Mgmt., IE, Maintenance Mgr., IT
External : N/A
Direct : N/A
Indirect : N/A
Budgetary Responsibilities: N/A
Decision Making: Must decide with assistance of computer next task to do.
Resourcefulness/Creativity: Must look for opportunities to assist fellow associates when tasks are complete.
Environment: Must be able to lift cartons up to 50-60 lbs. May be required to stand most of shift. Must be able to operate equipment at heights up to 35-40 ft. Must be able to with-stand cold (50-55 degrees) and heat (90-100 degrees).
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Must be able to operate cherry picker forklift.
Education: HS Diploma or GED
Skills: Basic literacy and math skills, ability to operate, drive and maneuver equipment. Must have good depth perception and vision.