We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Title: Marketplace Specialist Location: London Primary Purpose:
This is an exciting role in a relatively new channel of trade; increasing our reach and visibility with online consumers via our wholesale partners. The role is a mix of E-commerce and Wholesale Service plus system integration and analysis; and focuses on ensuring we deliver our products with a high service level.
Whilst you will not talk directly with the consumer; you will be responsible for making sure that their orders are flowing through our systems and being delivered to them on time; and that any returns and refunds are completed correctly. You will be the liaison between Tapestry, our third party Customer Care team, our system owner and our wholesale partners.
You will also be a key expert when onboarding new marketplace partners; using learnings and best practice to ensure we are consistently working to a high level of service and efficiency.
You will independently manage Marketplace accounts order flow from order creation to fulfillment and returns; to achieve business' financial targets and service metrics. You will monitor and ensure product ships on time to our MARKETPLACE clients; proactively manage issues and communication to internal and external partners. Flawlessly execute all tasks to ensure profitability, productivity, and efficiency for the MARKETPLACE revenue cycle. Maintains SOX Auditing Compliance controls as it relates to auditing, approval, and revenue protection.
This is an evolving channel of trade for us; and the role will evolve as we test and learn. A curious approach and an excitement for change is critical. The successful individual will leverage their proficiencies in Marketplace Customer Service to... Customer Service Activities:
Order Management/Reporting/Analysis Activities:
- Provide accurate and timely customer service to internal and external MARKETPLACE contacts, through ownership of assigned accounts and demonstrated understanding of the business model and of the end to end supply chain.
- Act as a customer advocate between warehouse and the MARKETPLACE accounts. Be the P oint O f C ontact for all issues that impact the MARKETPLACE accounts
- Proactively and clearly communicate issues pertaining to MARKETPLACE accounts - both to the MARKETPLACE customer and to the relevant internal business partners.
- Partner with Buyer, Project lead and leadership to discuss and address business issues/risk to financial, as well as resolve specific service/allocation/logistical issues to address MARKETPLACE account needs.
The outstanding professional will possess...
- Review and maintain orders through the order management system (SAP) from the time of receipt to the time of shipment which includes ownership of order status, executing MARKETPLACE order changes based on business/customer needs and monitoring shipment flow to mitigate any risk to revenue for the month/quarter. Ensure data integrity accuracy through post analysis by comparing source data against reporting.
- Be a strong partner and S ubject M atter E xpert (SME) in all aspects of the Marketplace fulfillment from onboarding a new MARKETPLACE account and order visibility to account portal navigation and account requirements to EDI functionality and order fulfillment
- Independently analyze data to ensure MARKETPLACE order integrity; monitor exception reporting to ensure order visibility and reduce order fulfillment delays and cancellations
- Ensure MARKETPLACE orders are prepared in accordance with the delivery/ship calendar. Work closely with shipping partners to ensure shipping response timeliness and to resolve any cancel date issues.
- Provide post shipment support including: shipping documents, S ales O rder S tatus (SOS), P roof O f D elivery (PODs), R eturn A uthorization (RAs), and researching/validating/negotiating shortages, overages and other chargeback claims which impact MARKETPLACE customer and company profitability
- Support MARKETPLACE stakeholders by addressing ad-hoc inquiries, identifying solutions and operational efficiencies and providing ongoing training as needed
- Review the MARKETPLACE customers' compliance guides to ensure alignment with customer requirements. Act as a project manager and partner with other departments to identify and resolve any deviations to customer facing activities/processes. Minimize chargeback and loss to the business by researching and troubleshooting chargebacks within the specified time-frame.
- Create and deliver monthly/quarterly Marketplace metrics of success, including fill-rate, return rate, and shipped sales. Provide summary of opportunities and provide mitigation/remediation plans
- Create and Maintain a S tandard O perating P rocedures for each MARKETPLACE account; identify areas of improvement and recommend effective processes to improve workflow, efficiency and profitability for current and future MARKETPLACE accounts
- Coordinate and lead in continuous improvement projects that help streamline processes and gain efficiencies in meeting Tapestry S ervice L evel A greements
- Uphold and adhere to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) auditing controls as it relates to the company's narrative on revenue protection, approvals, auditing, and claims processing.
- Duties may evolve and administrative and order management tasks are expected to be executed to support the MARKETPLACE businesses where necessary.
- The marketplace specialist may assist the Wholesale Customer Service team where necessary during peak times
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Strong foundation of Order Management experience in a rapidly changing deadline driven Sales, Order Fulfillment, or Customer Service environment
- Seasoned experience in e-commerce order support of 3-5yrs
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Office
- Working Knowledge of SAP S4 HANA & Microstrategy / B usiness I ntelligence or other ERP System
- Experience of working across multiple IT platforms
- Elevated attention to detail and initiative
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain cross-functional multi-level relationships
- Ability to work on an individual level, as well as a team environment; develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to recommend, initiate, and influence a sound decision across levels.
- Ability to self-manage and balance work load to adjust to competing and shifting priorities and get the job done by using critical and quick thinking.
- Proactively identify problems before issues occur, ability to provide correct course of action and/or creative solutions and understand the impact of those actions/solutions on the order fulfillment cycle
- Demonstrate ability to utilize multiple internal systems to extract, analyze and act upon business critical data; able to recognize opportunities to improve and streamline department process and procedures
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership
- Working knowledge of Marketplace accounts or E-commerce a plus
- Vendor order portal experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience working with credit control preferred
- Logistical & Supply Chain experience preferred
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/