Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren seeks an experienced Manager to join the Internal Audit department. As a member of the Company's global Internal Audit team, the Manager will assist the Lead of Internal Audit, Asia Pacific region in managing the activities related to the Company's internal control environment and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance program and execute a broad range of operational and compliance audits in line with the Company's global audit plan. This individual will report to the Director of Internal Audit for the Asia Pacific region and coordinate with other internal audit department members, business areas, external auditors and third-party service organizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Train and supervise management testers with regards to the Company's SOX program. Assess control design, perform and review operating effectiveness testing, and evaluate tests results. Evaluation should consider effectiveness of ICFR and efficiency of controls/SOX program.
* Perform SOX walkthrough and process documentation, key control identification, test plan preparation, process control testing and assessment of process controls, remediation testing and roll forward testing.
* Perform internal financial and operational audits of high-risk business processes in accordance with the global annual audit plan. Validate, assess and further define risks identified by IA management team, and develop audit programs and conduct audits accordingly. Ensure timely completion of audits.
* Discuss progress of audit including findings with IA and local management team on a timely basis during the audit. Draft written audit report to management stating findings and recommendations in regard to systems, processes, internal controls and other appropriate matters.
* Complete high-priority special assignments and investigations as requested by Head of Global Internal Audit & Asset Protection and senior management.
* Actively assist in department management responsibilities as needed.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Related Discipline required.
* Professional certification in accounting or audit discipline preferred, e.g., CA, CPA, CIA or equivalent.
* 6+ Years' total work experience, with working knowledge and experience with US GAAP/SOX or JSOX required. Big 4 audit experience preferred. Retail audit experience is a plus.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently. Able to organize and prioritize tasks, make decisions and understand when to escalate matters and seek guidance.
* Strong background in Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements
* Enthusiastic, proactive, confident, and courageous communicator
* Critical thinker, who can challenge respectfully processes and controls
* Able to develop strong working relationships with management.
* Able to develop and maintain confidence/trust of all and ensure highest level of confidentiality, integrity and ethics.
* Estimated required travel is 10%